HubSpot Ideas

cvaage-actgloba

Easily Print Deal Properties

I have coworkers that would like physical print out copies for deals. 

It makes it easier for them to do their job and keep records.

Right now, there is not an easy way to just click print and print out a list of the deal properties. 

Going to dashboards, creating a custom report that includes every deal property, filtering for the specific deal, exporting an excel file, haveing to reformat the excel file to be print friendly....

is not a user friendly way to obtain a printed copy of the deal properties.

Please make HubSpot more print friendly.

8 Replies
MollUser1
Contributor

For our Engineers Team, it would be very helpful to have the option to print out specific deals, with all the given information in Hubspot.

This should be a one-click thing.

tbryant

I agree. Being able to print a deal record to hand over to an executive would be such a great tool and doesn't seem like it would be a difficult tool to add. 

SNiwa

Yes I need to do the same function please. 

PFLAIR

I run a print shop, and I agree. At least being able to print a deal out so that it can be discussed or written on for later data input would be perfect

MKlein0

This is such a basic need, even a ruidimentary solution would work.  This was to be addressed with the custom reporting enhancements and has not been.

COwen0

Intro:

In HubSpot CRM we see,
A feature that just cannot be,
A printout for deals,
For when paper appeals,
A request for a fix, we decree.

Overview:

As we continue to embrace the digital age, many business processes have become more streamlined and efficient. However, there are still cases where a printed copy of information can be more practical and effective in certain situations. HubSpot, as a leading CRM software, must recognize the value of providing a seamless experience for all users, regardless of their preference or need for digital or physical documentation. This feature request aims to address the current limitation in HubSpot's CRM system where users are unable to print out a "deal" in a human-readable, logical layout on paper.

Background

Traditionally, printouts have been a staple in business communications, as they provide a tangible record of important information that can be easily shared, archived, and referenced. While we acknowledge that digital transformation is the way forward, the absence of a print feature for "deals" in HubSpot CRM is a glaring omission, and we believe it defies common sense. This feature request will demonstrate the real-world benefits of having a printed copy of a "deal" by presenting several scenarios where physical documentation is more effective than relying solely on electronic means.

Problem Statement

HubSpot CRM does not currently support the ability to print out a "deal" in a readable and logically structured format on paper. This limitation hinders users from fully utilizing the CRM system in various real-world scenarios where printed documentation is necessary or more effective.

Proposed Solution

We propose that HubSpot develop and implement a feature that allows users to print a "deal" directly from the CRM system. This feature should include the following:

1. A dedicated "Print" button within the "deal" interface.
  2. A print preview option, allowing users to review the layout and formatting before printing.
  3. Customization options for users to include or exclude specific deal-related data, such as deal properties, associated contacts, or tasks.
  4. A visually appealing and logically structured layout for the printed document, ensuring easy readability and understanding.

Real-World Examples

The following examples demonstrate situations where having a printed copy of a "deal" from HubSpot CRM would be more effective than relying on electronic devices:

Example 1: Field Sales Meetings

Sales representatives often conduct meetings with clients or prospects outside of the office. In such situations, having a printed copy of the deal can prove more practical than relying on electronic devices. A printed document allows sales reps to quickly reference essential deal information during the meeting without having to search through their devices. Additionally, a physical copy can be easily shared with clients for review, which can promote transparency and trust in the business relationship.

Example 2: Workshops and Training Sessions

During workshops and training sessions, printed materials can be more effective for fostering collaboration and engagement among participants. Providing attendees with a printed copy of a "deal" can help them follow along with the facilitator and make notes directly on the document, which can improve understanding and retention of the material being discussed.

Example 3: Network Connectivity Issues

In certain situations, such as remote work locations or during travel, users may experience limited or unreliable internet connectivity. In these cases, having a printed copy of the deal information is invaluable, as it ensures that users can continue to work and make informed decisions without being dependent on access to the CRM system.

Example 4: Archiving and Compliance

Some organizations have specific compliance requirements that mandate the maintenance of physical records for certain types of business transactions. The ability to print out a "deal" from HubSpot CRM would enable these organizations to meet their regulatory obligations by providing them with a hard copy of the relevant information.

Conclusion

While digital solutions have brought significant improvements to the way we conduct business, there remains a need for physical documentation in various scenarios

SNiwa
Yes, this is a 100% must and because its not there I’m not fully utilising Hubspot anymore and relying on other apps.

PMogush

I agree.  I'd love the ability to print out from LOTS of places, not just deals.    Apppreciate COwen0's message a lot, including the real-world scenarios. This really is a glaring omission.