HubSpot Ideas

pdub

Dynamic list or workflow trigger based on the page name where an external form is submitted

We have numerous pages on our site where users fill out a form (external, non-HubSpot) to request gated content (usually ebooks).

When the form is submitted, I add users to a list indicating that they have requested an ebook.

I'd also like to add them to a list specific to the ebook or type of ebook. For example, say we had multiple ebooks related to Topic X. I'd like to add them to a list indicating that they have an interest in Topic X when they request one of those ebooks.

Perhaps there's a better solution, but the email alert I receive from HS when the form is submitted includes the page name - which includes the name of the ebook. If I had access to that page name, I could create a trigger based on that page name string.

2 Replies
FloGoe

This is hardly required here as well. This should also be made possible not only for page names but for part of form names as well. We offer several downloads each with a separate form. When I now have to add these as list filter criteria or trigger in a workflow this is very time consuming and a filter Form Name contains xy would save so much work. Please!

pdub

Since posting this idea, I did find one possible solution. There is a property named "Recent conversion" that contains the page and form names of the most recent form submission. I'm not 100% sure this is fool-proof yet, but so far it seems to be working.