HubSpot Ideas

rpusateri

Dynamic Personalization Token for Day of Week

If I were to start an email with:

Happy <day of the week>, ___

There's currently no personalization token that would autofil the day of the week that email is be sent on. I'm aware of the fact that this would be a dynamic value but as there's only 7 days in a week, I can't imagine this should be too difficult to figure out.

18 Replies
sixsteps268

AGREED! I'm looking for this same functionality!

jmgrand
Contributor

Same! We'd like to be able to send an email saying something like: Can I call you mid-morning on {{2_business_days_from_now}} for a quick 10-minute conversation?

katietillyer

I would really like to start emails "Happy Xday" as well - was a solution to this ever found?

JoshDi
Participant

I would love this feature as well. I am looking to have a customized personalize field in some of my templates and/or sequences that automatically updates the text to read a day of the week two business days from now.  For example, I have text in a template that says: Can you please share your availability for tomorrow or Thursday?  I'd like the ability to make "Thursday" update automatically based on 2 business days from today's date. Id also like the function to only include business days (e.g. Monday - Friday). 

CLevecq

looks interesting, would love to see this

EKagan

I definitely need this feature, hopefully this will be available soon! 

ACaillol

JoshDi: That would be a great feature indeed! 

CArabia

Did anyone every get an answer on how to get this setup?

JGordon11

I would love to see this implemented!  It would save so much time and keep emails personalized!

Viddy
HubSpot Employee

Hi team posting on behalf of my awesome customer: 

Currently they are creating emails where they have to manually add the day of the week for each email. they would benefit greatly from being able to use a personalisation token that will recognise which day of the week it is and set it as Have a great Monday! as an example. 

thanks team!

jackieru
Participant

Yes! We want to insert the current month name for the first few weeks of the month and say, "Can you meet in [CURRENT MONTH]" with logic that switches to the following month when we're a week out. 

tmitch_sona
Participant

Yes please to this functionality. I want to move our sales outreach into Hubspot from Quickmail but currently there is reluctance to do so due to the inability to say 'let's book a meeting on [+2 days]' etc.

froettgen
HubSpot Employee

+1

RGarrett6

How do we get someone from HubSpot to respond to this? I had this functionality in Outreach when I used it 6 years ago.

RWillms

I could not agree more! It would also be amazing to have time of day so our emails could be furether personalized as such:

Good [Time of Day] Jessie,

Good Morning

Good Afternoon
Good Evening

JStriker1
Participant

Three years later and is there a fix?  @hubspot, perhaps unveil this at #INBOUND23.

RYLeigh
Contributor

Agreed! I have a template for an email that goes out monthly, and I would love to have the subject line me {MONTH} Report Name but currently I have to do it manually 😕

boostmyemail
Participant

This is a great idea. Would love more flexibility with dynamic language and messaging without the use of properties.