HubSpot Ideas

austinpostler

Duplicate Phone Numbers

We run an inbound sales system and struggle with duplicate leads.  On occasion, our clients will create multiple accounts in our system.  HubSpot does a great job of filtering by email to eliminate duplicate contacts, however, in some instances the client will use multiple email addresses but keep the same phone number. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it creates big problems.

I would like the ability to be proactive and implement mechanisims to filter new leads for phone numbers that already exist in our system.   In most cases I would merge the contact, but in the moment I would make sure the original lead owner is notified of the new account. 

7 Replies
hahaboumboum

Please do it Hubspot !

kwidrick
Participant

Please please PLEASE! This would be a major win for us, since most of our contacts prefer text outreach to email these days (and we are not able to successfully include/exclude due to multiple email records that have the same phone number). This would go a long way toward getting to a list of truly UNIQUE contacts.

Santiago3

It is a shame that we have to be asking and voting for such a necessary and basic functionality, so easy to achieve. Please do it as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

CPrice7

We have the same exact problem!  Hubspot, please give us more matching attributes.  It causes major problems when you have duplicate leads and multiple sales reps assigned to the same lead.  Let us match by email AND phone number so the duplicate gets routed to the correct sales rep.  

PBond

Yes we need this too! DO IT HUBSPOT

ShanB

This was a default feature in our previous CRM so was surprised HubSpot didn't have this functionality.  We often encounter issues with duplicate records/phone numbers, where the same functionality with email duplicate filtering would be very useful and save us a lot of time having to deal with duplicates with our sale team (rather than avoid issues before they arise). 

HSpoweruser

100,000% agree. Can't believe HubSpot makes me build gross manual workarounds to validate unique nature of phone numbers. This is a simple fix. Let us make a phone field that can require unique value (right now, I can create a phone number field, but cannot make it require a unique value).

Ugh. So annoying.