HubSpot Ideas

Kellyt

Duplicate Fields in forms

We currently use Forms to request a service.  We ship stuff so there is a Shipping and a delivery address that needs to be added.  Since we can not use the "Street Address, City, State, Postal Code" fields more than once, I've had to create new form feilds that say "City 2, state 2, etc"

Would be helpful if we could duplicate the same form field multiple times for these instances.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
February 26, 2019 07:15 AM

February 26, 2019 07:15 AM

Hi @Kellyt  thank you for sharing your feedback on this! This is definitely something we can keep in mind for future updates. 

However, currently our form fields are closely tied to contact properties within the CRM. Single line text contact properties (such as address) cannot have multiple values. This is to help ensure we can accurately run list segmentation and automation around these without creating a confusing UI for our users. 

The reason we do not currently allow duplicate form fields is that the last form field would always overwrite the former ones. For example, if you have two "company" fields and the visitor entered "HubSpot" in the first one and "Inbound" as the second, the CRM would only display "inbound" since that was the last submit field. 

We'll definitely be sure to bear this in mind for future updates though, thanks again for your feedback!

12 Replies
Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Kellyt  thank you for sharing your feedback on this! This is definitely something we can keep in mind for future updates. 

However, currently our form fields are closely tied to contact properties within the CRM. Single line text contact properties (such as address) cannot have multiple values. This is to help ensure we can accurately run list segmentation and automation around these without creating a confusing UI for our users. 

The reason we do not currently allow duplicate form fields is that the last form field would always overwrite the former ones. For example, if you have two "company" fields and the visitor entered "HubSpot" in the first one and "Inbound" as the second, the CRM would only display "inbound" since that was the last submit field. 

We'll definitely be sure to bear this in mind for future updates though, thanks again for your feedback!

Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

acorbett

Could we make duplicate fields possible in dependent fields? 

I have a long list of locations but want to show users only the locations in their state (so they don't have to scroll through our entire locations list.)

However, I cannot have the same locations field (with different options shown) on the form multiple times. 

This would be a great help.

FMaher
Contributor

I am using forms to collect multiple billing contacts - so annoying that I cannot automatically create multiple contacts from the same form.

DSuquilanda

Hi,

I am facing a similar situation and hoping that replying to this thread will bring it to the front the list to be considered again.

I have radio options avialable on a form and one  of the options is 'other'. When selected, I would like to use only one property so that the user can elaborate on what they mean when they select other. However, I have to create multiple properties to allow for this option to be available. It's tedious work and really goes against what HS is trying to do, automating with easiness and saving the HS users crucial time.

Daniel

HNP

Hi, 

I think the thought process needs to be changed. We can have forms where we are creating two different contacts. For example we are collecting the information for a program where two people are attending the event. Now we can't use the form to address such a scenario. 

-An-

Could we make duplicate fields possible in dependent fields? 

In case one option is shown, I want the user to only have a limited option in another field

The other option allows more extensive options in the dependent field.

Workaround is to create additional fields, but this is more tricky to make lists of users using one particular dependent field.

BSocha

We're having the same issue. Would be nice if the logic could recognize it technically wouldn't be showing up twice. Now we just have an unessecary excess amount of fields.  

Our example: Trying to save a form with logic on it. The idea is to have our reps tell us how many people are RSVPing to an event. If they select 3 people I have set up the form logic to show full name 1, email 1, full name 2, email 2, and full name 3, email 3. The same concept for if 4 people are selected I would need to show full name and email 1-4. The form isn't allowing me to save because I have duplicate fields selected but only because I need them to show up when greater numbers are selected.

Shamgar
Participant

@BSocha You hit the nail on the head! Our forms are using logic based on their country selection to set our company department. For example, if Canada is their selection, I set "Company1" as the department value (hidden field). Any other country selection needs to set the department value as "Company2". But HubSpot thinks I've used the same field twice even though that's NOT true because I'm only using it "twice" in the logic. On the actual form, it'll only show once.

@Tom, HubSpot needs to fix this issue. This is a bug. And a very annoying one. At the very least, can a "publish override" option be available to let us go ahead and publish the form after the "duplicate field error" message has been shown? We are the authority on the mechanics of the form and know it'll work... so just let us publish as is even though HubSpot thinks there's an issue.

AAdrian

Hi all 👋 

Looking at the initial post, it has been 4 years and the issue still seems to persist. We are struggling with the same bug, which greatly reduces the flexibility of using the Forms and, most importantly, impacts the end-user experience. This is in change forces us to look at exploring other solutions, which we don't want.

Is this a bug, is this an intentional feature, and is it anywhere on a roadmap?

RGlader

Same issue. Wanted to use a form like I've used Jotform, but I can't have more than one multiple choice radio element and that's ridiculous.

A_Lokat

Similar issue - I'm creating a feedback form and I'd like to give the user opportunity to provide more information depending on the answer they provide - do I have to create a separate question everytime?

eg - Radio buttoned Yes/No question - Do you think that blah blah blah?  Yes/No - 

multiline text - Please provide more info

My question is - do I need to make each multiline text specific to the radio button to make it unique?

Would be great if there was an aopportunity to create a dependency, or better still,  the option to include a free text element within the radio button option that you could customise