HubSpot Ideas

MJZook

Duplicate Deals/Link Deals

I would like to bring up the idea to link deals or duplicate from one pipeline to another pipeline to trigger the workflow in the other pipeline. All notes, tasks, contacts, etc are duplicated into the other pipeline. 

Example: A deal that is in the sales pipeline has reached the deal stage "closed won."  The salesperson wants to hand over the deal to the customer success team, but not lose the deal value associated in the "closed won" column. The deal needs to be completely duplicated with all notes saved and moved to the proper deal stage in the customer success pipeline so the workflow can be initiated. 

I spoke with someone in the chat system and I was directed here so that I can express my request. 

23 Replies
alex_docketly

Agreed.  Great idea @MJZook 

klloyd1
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MJZook,

Thanks for posting!  We can accomplish MOST of what you are looking for here if you have access to deal-based workflows.  In a deal-based workflow you have an action that allows you to create a new deal.  When creating that new deal you can specify which stage of which pipeline you want this new deal to start in.  You also have the option to setup properties to be copied over.  So, we could setup a deal based workflow that enrolls deals once they have reached the "closed won" stage of your sales pipeline and creates a new deal and copies all of the properties that we want over, especially the closed amount.  This way the original deal that was closed still exists and can be reported on as being closed, and then we can continue the duplicate's through the new pipeline.

What we won't be able to do through the workflow is to associated or copy the notes from the first deal over to the second.  For something like that you may want to look into using our engagementes API to get the notes associated to the deal, and then that same engagement to copy those notes over to the new deal OR use our CRM associations API to set those notes to also be associated to new deal.  This is something that you would have to have some development experience in implementing, but for now is our only workaround.

BLA
Contributor

Great suggestion

I'd love to see associated deals or deal ID transition over to the next pipeline too.

Also deal properties isn't working for me? What am I doing wrong?

HS1.PNG

Brittany-RG
Contributor

We have a very similar use-case. We duplicate a Sales Deal into a Customer Success Deal pipeline. The problem is that both the Sales and Customer Success teams are working on the same overall sales deal but they have their own stages. Having everyone's stages in one pipeline is too much.

It would be SO HELPFUL if 2+ deals could be linked to avoid confusion,

carlys

We have the exact same use case. Being able to duplicate the deal in its entirety for a new pipeline would be super helpful!

Daxchemist
Participant | Elite Partner

Hello all!

We have an app for duplicating deals (and coming shortly duplicating tickets and more)!

https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/7313047/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/appchemist-clone-attack-229629

Let us know if you have any challenges, but hope this helps you copy deals quickly!

BoringPerson

Hey @Daxchemist, I see your app is out.  Does it also link deals together?

Daxchemist

@BoringPerson do you mean to associate the deals together? Looks like by default one deal can't be associated with another, but I'd be curious to explore using a custom field that dynamically is filled based upon the original deal that was cloned.

Shoot me a DM, I'd be open to making this work for the community!

nona

Yeah! and the option to duplicate tickets too.

nona_0-1607590050160.png

nona_1-1607590143374.png

ScottWyper

similar problem here however the issue we face is often out renewals or repeat business it would make sense to be able to clone the deal the same way you can clone Playbooks or sequences or.......................

JCeballos
DGonzalez08
Participant

This would be really useful, as my company has several different pipelines (one for sales, one for installations, one for logistics, etc.) and they have to have the same deals but in different stages of these different pipelines. It's a hassle for everyone to have to find the original deal and manually copy all the properties and records.

ALucas0

All the Proposed solutions required workarounds using workflows, and or using third party solutions to enable this functionality, where it is a basic tools to be able to duplicate deals. This can be for re-curring orders, orders of similar types etc and this should extend to line items as well.

I need my sales team to be able to copy deals quickly, and without going into areas of Hubspot that are not relevant to them. It is not the role of my sales team to do this, nor should I have time in our sales operations . enablement to have to do this amount of work everytime to copy a deal.

AGiam
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of a customer. It is critical for them to have the deal notes on one deal be copied over to the new deal, if they were to duplicate the deal using a workflow. This would ensure consistency between the deals in the portal in different pipelines. As previous customers have also mentioned, this is important for sales teams to work efficiently. Please look into this, thanks team!

bsommer

This is an essential feature that needs to be added. While there are a couple addons that can help manage this today, most of our customers don't like the idea of passing any data to external systems to update HubSpot via an API.

Uses:

- Duplicate deals for rescheduled events (need to track how many reschedules occured)

- Duplicate deals to seperate pipeline to pass new customers to an onboarding team

- Duplicate deals to pass only B2B deals to a CRM Integration pipeline which allows individual product purchases to be synced to a CRM.

- Duplicate companies - Useful for setting up Cohorts / Parent/Child relationships.

Not convinced yet? Send me an email and I would be happy to provide more use cases.

MDeemer

This is very much needed.  I have customers with locations all over the country that need similar deals created - but they need to be separated as they all transact differently and at different times.  They all have the same company and the same contacts and all of the quotes have ~80-90% overlap so it would be easy to update the quote and go.  This would be great if we could just select the deal and click on "Duplicate Deal" like in the mockup I created.  

Screenshot.jpg

A_Jen
Participant

Don't need to say much more other than this feature needs to be added. This is such a basic feature that would do a world of good saving hubspot users time creating deals. I had to create 15 similar deals. It took way to long. 

CAnderson87
Contributor

We need this please!  Here is one use case: 

Sales rep is creating an upsell and a future renewal.  They realize they need one part of the upsell today.  They can just clone the opportunity and quote the one part on the cloned deal, without disrupting their initial renewal.  

RAccioly
Totally agree! We have the same issue! We are constantly creating deals from scratch and it is a pain… such a simple feature.. I don’t understand why it’s not implemented.
MHenning1
Contributor

We need this too, asap. Many use cases. Moving deals in various stages between following pipelines, follow up deals, jut repeating deals etc etc