HubSpot Ideas

glencornell

Drill-downs for Sequences Open/Click Reporting

There's no way to see the contacts that are actually opening, clicking, replying, and booking meetings on sequences. This report is currently only helpful for evaluating the effectiveness of a sequence but it does not allow users to take action from the report, or  understand the full picture of who is interacting with templates within the sequence. 

Users need the ability to click the % and see a list of the contacts that have opened or clicked the specific sequence.

Sequences___HubSpot.png

151 Replies
DataCollector

There is another way within Hubspot to generate detailed response reporting.  However, you have to use Workflows (Marketing Pro).  Workflows provide all the reporting and can function in nearly the same way as a sequence...except the email is generated and sent from a Marketing email...responses go to salespeople.

I see all opens by contact with additional layers of reporting. Further, I've tested Workflow response against Sequence response and there was a negligible difference. 

As this thread and related threads go back to 2016...Hubspot does not appear to plan to fix sequence reporting. If you need reporting...try Workflows.

Justin_Anderson

@DataCollector Yeah, trying to get replies from contacts AND not being able to customize all content contextually to the prospect are the primary reasons I wouldn't use the Marketing Pro workflows tool for this. Those are possible work-arounds though for many use cases!

JFlahiff

@hubspot  Anybody listening?  Six pages of people wanting...needing this functionality that is basic in other applications. how is this not addressed yet?

christa
Contributor

Regarding workflows as a solution that @DataCollector stated. I feel that is not a solution. Sales emails are intended to be one-off personalized emails. We use sales templates to get the bulk of the message pre-loaded. Often the subject stays the same (maybe a minor personalization) and then a few additions to the body of the email to make it more targeted to the prospect. 

That cannot be done by a sales rep when doing a workflow enrollment approach.

There is no logical reason to think we should sacrifice tactical sales efforts in order to have solid reporting in a CRM. The CRM should provide the basic analytics to react and engage with greater lead to sale potential contacts, which email engagement can be an indicator of.

EW516
Participant

Has HUBSPOT responded to this request at all? 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community! 

Thanks for continuing to follow this issue, and I apologize for the time it has taken the last several months. I want to assure you that this continues to be a top priority, and although there have been some setbacks, are continuing to make progress and still plan to provide this functionality in Sequences reports, Lists, Workflows, and custom reports in the reporting dashboard. Due to some internal dependencis across multiple teams, I need to refrain from providing any direct time estimates on this project, but I can assure you all that this is a top priority for Sequences. 

Going forward I will be provide updates every 2-3 weeks to keep everyone in the loop and provide information once there are new related features in beta or in production.

Thanks,

Glen

JosephFlahiff
Participant

@glencornell 

Thanks so much! It is great to hear. I am an agile coach and have worked with some complex systems (government, Expedia, Tableau) So I get the cross-team dependency issues. As I am sure many on this forum do as well. 

I think I can speak for this whole list when I say thank you for committing to a 2 week (humm. 2 week sprints?) update cadence. Thank you!  That will be helpful

skyliem
Participant

Thanks, @glencornell! Looking forward to these capabilities and also to your recurring updates. This will definitely help us to keep our teams internally up to date when they ask about any progress. 🙂

Justin_Anderson

@glencornell Hey, thanks so much for the update and the promise of regular correspondence! 

Looking forward to see this develop!

-J

AMartin5

My suggestion contribution is two-fold.

1. Add functionality to filter sequence contacts by open and clicked on link (see image below)
  2. Add functionality for sequence chain to toggle how a user is unenrolled. At current a user must either click on meeting link or respond to the email, but it would be helpful if the user could choose among those events in addition to A) recipient opened email and B) recipient clicked on link. Any if/then logic like workflows would be helpful here.

HubSpot.png

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community, 

An update from our progress in the last 2 weeks. 

We have made great progress in adding sequences data to the new Custom Report Builder in HubSpot. This will allow folks the ability to build custom reports cross-object reports using sequences data. We plan for this update to be ready within the next month.

We are making good progress on bringing over open/click/reply/bounce "event" data into Sequences reporting, to make our data in sequences cross-referenceable with the associated Contact objects. Once we have done this, we will be able to make this data interactable, allowing folks to drill down and view the specific contacts

With this same data we are developing a 'history log' concept that will serve as a timeline of all relevant "events" that fire for a sequence enrollment. The goal of this history log will be to serve as a timeline of every interaction that has occured during the span of a sequence enrollment. We will be treating this as an experiment to to iterate and improve on how we display sequences data, and I will provide details on how to participate here when that is ready. This will come after the Custom Report Builder is ready.

Thanks again for your patience and excitement for these updates, I will post here again as we progress.

Best,

Glen

Justin_Anderson

Hey @glencornell , thank you for your detailed update!

I'll keep monitoring this and wishing y'all all the best with the Custom Report Builder rollout!

-J

Mmonjan

Is there any update on when we will be able to tell who is actually opening, clicking, replying, and booking meetings on sequences.  As a sales leader within my organization, this information is extremely valuable to our activity and intelligence. 

StephanieB
Contributor | Elite Partner

SO HAPPY to hear this is finally being worked on 

TTigwell

Look forward to hearing when this is available asap

Hannah-par8o
Participant

Happy this is in progress! Definitely keep us posted.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community!

Sorry for missing the update 2 weeks back, here's some more news on our progress.

Sequences custom reports: In closed beta (internal testing)

Sequences data is now in the custom report builder and we are currently running tests with the data. It should be a matter of days or weeks before this will be available! This data includes the ability to build custom reports using sequences events such as enrolled, replied, step executed, and much more. Along with this data, we will also be providing Email data for opens and clicks, which can be sorted by Sequence enrollment. All of this will be available through the custom report builder, meaning that reports can be built, drilled into, and exported. Here's a video with more information and details on this:

https://www.loom.com/share/d9fe14b768a64c1d97167bf8fe9ff907

Sequences contact properties:  In closed beta (backfilling data)

We also have a number of new contact properties that will soon be available to all. We are still backfilling the data here, so once that is done we will be able to begin rolling these properties out to your accounts. These properties are designed to give you more context about sequence enrollments on contact records. These are the first of a number of new properties that we plan to include. The current properties in progress include:

1. Last sequence enrolled
  2. Last sequence enrolled date
  3. Last sequence ended date
  4. Number of sequences enrolled

Here's a clip sharing what this looks like in my personal portal:

https://www.loom.com/share/38cc4d3318544953b1623a057dd92cca

Excited to get this out to you all in the coming days and weeks! 

Best,

Glen

StephanieB
Contributor | Elite Partner

AH YES!!! Fantatsic thank you!!

Leadstreet-M
Participant | Diamond Partner

That's great news, @glencornell !

Thank you for the update.

ancaban
Participant

Great news @glencornell