HubSpot Ideas

glencornell

Drill-downs for Sequences Open/Click Reporting

There's no way to see the contacts that are actually opening, clicking, replying, and booking meetings on sequences. This report is currently only helpful for evaluating the effectiveness of a sequence but it does not allow users to take action from the report, or  understand the full picture of who is interacting with templates within the sequence. 

Users need the ability to click the % and see a list of the contacts that have opened or clicked the specific sequence.

Sequences___HubSpot.png

151 Replies
DataCollector

These requests for improved reporting on sequences date back to 2016.  Don't hold your breath on a quick solution.  We switched from sequence efforts to workflows.  The reporting you seek is available within Workflows, but requires expansion into the Marketing suite.

EW516
Participant

Hello Hubspot, 

In Mailshake I can easily see which contacts (in a sequence) have opened and clicked. When is this going to be available on Hubspot?

chad2
Participant

This is a bit helpful but lead scoring for sales emails and sequences is ideal. If a contact within a specific industry, title, location, etc. clicked, opened, visited our website, etc. should be called first before the other leads in our sales sequence/outreach strategy.

monmon
Participant

Hi Glen

Last time you mentioned these functionalities will be availble in the matter of weeks and months.

Do you have a more tangible date for this roll out?

M

FlywheelK
Participant | Elite Partner

The sooner the better. Sequences need some additional functionality. While I want all of the features already mentioned in this thread...

Today I'm looking for the functionality where I can set up a Workflow for Contacts that complete a sequence to be routed to a different HubSpot owner (move from Sales to Marketing).

I'm also looking for the functionality where I can set up a workflow for Contacts that complete a sequence to have contact properties changed (lifecycle stage as an example).

The third use case is for a Contact to be re-enrolled in a different sequence based on sequence engagement using a Workflow. Example, Sales team decides a Contact is "nonresponsive" to their attempts to contact and turns the lead manually to Marketing team. Marketing enrolls them in a "re-engagement" Sequence of three automated emails. When the Contact completes the sequence then an if/then branch in a Workflow would either determine the contact is engaging with the first three automated emails (opens, clicks) but not responding and enroll them in a second sequence of five automated emails based on education resources related to their original product interest OR the contact has not engaged with the first three automated emails and would be marked "Unqualifed" on a Contact Property and added to a list for future less-aggressive marketing campaigns.

michaelhalevy

It would be great to have a report that aggregates all sequences into 1 report, and if we can view the actual NUMBER of replies, opens, bounce, meetings, etc. 

Maximef
Participant

What is the update on that topic since October ?

HHyliard

Any update on these features?  We are really looking forward to being able to use to drill down sequence activity.  

TinaSimpson
Against Sequence Reports - it would be useful to have the information of the prospect that has clicked on an email, but may not have responded or replied.
What is the likelihood of this feature being added or is the information already there, but we are not looking in the right place?
sarahw
Contributor

@TinaSimpson in order to see Open/Click Rate, you have to open the individual sequence. That data is listed for each automated email: 

sarahw_0-1611748937770.png

DHailstone

@sarahw It lists the percenatge data. However, it doesn't give you details. The breakdown at the bottom sequence lists the recipients names and whether:

- The email was sent and no reply
- The recipient replied
- The email bounced.

That's it. As far as I can see, there's no way to see exactly who of the recipients opened an email, clicked but did not reply? Or even just opened the email. That's what would be really useful.

TinaSimpson

Hi SarahW

I understand your can look at the %, but on the next pages it lists the email addresses.  

The flag at the moment are:

Enrolled, no response yet,

bounced,

contact replied to email, 

sequence ended, no response.

But what would be useful if it listed the email address of those that have clicked on (and how many times), and or opened the email.  So if you send 200 emails out you can see what each individual has done. 

I hope that make sense.

derekmorgen

We need this ASAP!!!! Been using sequences for 2 years and need to see contacts in the dashboard.

VRaymer

Any updates on this?

EW516
Participant

Mailshake has this feature - why can't HUBSPOT?!

MPurtschert

I thinkt that's criminal. If we send an email to hundred contacts and have a click rate of 10% then i really want to know which contacts has klicked in our email!

Thanks for this step in the future.

RV6
Participant

@glencornell How is this not already implemented? This post is from 2019 and it's a big need for your customers. 

Radosch
Member | Diamond Partner

I mean, isn't this key of conversations with a target group?

What sense does a sequence make, if you cannot see who reacted?

Inbound FTW.? I thought, that tracking and serving customers and potential customers well is in your 🧬.

I could not believe, when I found this. 

christa
Contributor

I've been watching this since I first made a comment in Oct of 2019. 

HUBSPOT THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

And this should be for every sales template, not just the templates used in a sequence

Why for marketing we can see all the details on an email, we know who opens, clicks, what link they clicked on etc? BUT when it comes to personalized sales efforts we are kept in the dark, why? There has been so much work over the years on reporting to include Sales Analytics etc. but when it comes down to actually having the information be useful for sales strategy and efforts, Hubspot falls short.

This is frustrating. I NEED to know WHO is clicking on my sales emails, what link did they click?! How else are we to know WHO is engaged with our sales efforts?

Get this done... come on!

Justin_Anderson

Meeting with a lead in a few hours about buying Sales Hub and I forgot this was still a thing.

Especially when we have the ability to enroll 50 contacts at a time into a sequence, it absolutely does not make sense that we aren't able to drill into sequence contacts at a minimum.

At best, we also need to be able to create Active Lists of contacts who've been enrolled in/clicked in a sequence, whatever (much like the Workflow tool), but click in drill down to the list of contacts is needed, asap.

As others have noted, there's other tools that allow this and I want Sales Hub to be the best option to recommend.

-J