HubSpot Ideas

HighQ

Drag and drop email editor - HTML Source Code Accessibility (for images)

Hello!

I'm trying out Drag and Drop email editor for the first time. I generally like it, but would like to have HTML source code access for all elements again. It has it available for rich text, but not images. 

I'd like it for images so I can turn off image resizing (see link below). It's causes my pictures to be pixelated, so when it's really noticable, I turn it off. Another workaround would be if I had the ability to toggle image resizing on and off.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-general/can-i-disable-automatic-image-resizin...

Thank you!

18 Replies
emilytong
HubSpot Employee

Definitely second this idea for the DnD editor - either giving access to the source code generally, or creating a noresize? toggle just for images. 

TrishoxfordNC

This is a must! Please allow for source code. 

jacobrabinowitz

I third this!

stinhambo
Contributor

I'd like to be able to create modules with no fear that Hubspot will add loads of HTML cruft to the template.

Marketo does this well where I can define variables and drag in the elements I need.

With Hubspot, as you're using a Python/Twig style template language, how about the ability to simply extend another layout? That way we can create a Drag and Drop template by specifying a base template and simply extend it with additional modules?

Currently, I can't create non-closed HTML for the header and footer as the Hubspot cruft that wraps it ruins the layout.

hannuCR
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is definitely needed! The automatic resize function is killing my image quality, especially when I have two columns at desktop width and single column at mobile width.

mdenning
Participant

Would love to see the source code button as well. I do not use the DnD editor because of this. Designers need to be able to customize more than what is provided.

ericahelmer

I personally would like to just be able to set the default to high permanently, best case by user (for those few who don't get it). Given that there is a 'default' option, it would seem this is planned - but not yet executed.  I also noticed that even if you set an image to high - if you navigate away and return to the save message, it downgrades them again regardless and you have to do it all over again. And it seems to be worse all of a sudden.

This isn't a nice to have - and I have NO desire to add custom code each time I add an image. While that may have worked in templates - completely counterproductive in a drag and drop.  

Given the volume of hi-def monitors today - it is completely unacceptable to have my logos looking like this:

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 4.48.21 PM.png

HighQ

@ericahelmer Agreed! Our images rarely look the quality they should/are. (Not to mention on the 4k monitor) 😞

Completely agree we shouldn't have to code anything for an image to look professional/presentable! 

bp-az
Participant

I like the idea of HubSpot ensuring sizes are optimized for speed as my team sometimes uploads 2mb images because they don't know to resize them. However, as the admin and developer I need the ability to turn this off in the DnD editor. I would hate to go back to building the emails in the custom editor and having my team come to me all the time to fix things. 🙂 Thanks HubSpot! 

valoo

For sure I'd like to have this opportunity. As an exemple, in the drag'n'drop editor, I cannot center an element vertically. I need it!Capture d’écran 2019-10-03 à 20.31.37.png

Roshni_S
Participant

I agree this is a must, we should be able to see the source code. 

TJ_Price
Contributor

Agreed 100%. 

Shane_Janssens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Contributers, thank you for the idea and for all the feedback, This feature is not available for Marketing Email yet. We are hoping to review this, but this is not planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I am updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. I will update here once we have plans in place.

Best,

Shane

Jacob02
Contributor

I agree to the OP and @stinhambo. It should be possible to wrap things up with the custom HTML module. 

SylwiaVN

Yes, please. Am behind the idea of being able to view / edit the HTML source of image module. 

viorels
Participant

Meanwhile it is possible to edit source code in Email marketing and in Email signatures but not also in the actual emails.

@Shane_Janssens  Is it possible to bring the functionality of source code editing to the individual emails also?

MarkusC

I'm shocked that this hasn't seen any movement from HubSpot's devs in nearly 3 years. At the very least, could we get the ability to add custom CSS to the head of a DnD email template? That would help to bridge the gap between the limited but easy-to-use DnD editor and the full-on coding option that so many users are unable or unwilling to use.

Assoc-Sacto
Participant

I would like to do this so I can pull in personalized images (image source code).