Drag and drop email editor - HTML Source Code Accessibility (for images)

Hello!

I'm trying out Drag and Drop email editor for the first time. I generally like it, but would like to have HTML source code access for all elements again. It has it available for rich text, but not images. 

I'd like it for images so I can turn off image resizing (see link below). It's causes my pictures to be pixelated, so when it's really noticable, I turn it off. Another workaround would be if I had the ability to toggle image resizing on and off.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-general/can-i-disable-automatic-image-resizin...

Thank you!

6 Replies
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Definitely second this idea for the DnD editor - either giving access to the source code generally, or creating a noresize? toggle just for images. 

TrishoxfordNC
New Contributor

This is a must! Please allow for source code. 

jacobrabinowitz
New Contributor

I third this!

stinhambo
Top Contributor

I'd like to be able to create modules with no fear that Hubspot will add loads of HTML cruft to the template.

Marketo does this well where I can define variables and drag in the elements I need.

With Hubspot, as you're using a Python/Twig style template language, how about the ability to simply extend another layout? That way we can create a Drag and Drop template by specifying a base template and simply extend it with additional modules?

Currently, I can't create non-closed HTML for the header and footer as the Hubspot cruft that wraps it ruins the layout.

hannuCR
Occasional Contributor

This is definitely needed! The automatic resize function is killing my image quality, especially when I have two columns at desktop width and single column at mobile width.

mdenning
New Contributor

Would love to see the source code button as well. I do not use the DnD editor because of this. Designers need to be able to customize more than what is provided.