HubSpot Ideas

StephD13

Drag and drop attachments into deals and contacts

Hi team,

Would love to be able to drag and drop files into deals and contacts attachment section rather than having to upload.

Similar being able to drag and drop files when importing data or when we drag and drop attachemtns into emails in Outlook. It seems like a no brainer 🙂

Thanks and Regards

Steph13

8 Replies
shawn1313

You actually have to write the email through hubspot and use a template rather than click attach file, and it then letting you choose from files on the computer....

MdeWit9
Member | Diamond Partner

Upvoting StephD13 idea!

ElaineSN
HubSpot Employee

Hi @StephD13 ! Thanks for posting your idea here, I just came across it while working on a similar question from another customer.

You can drag and drop files to all records, by creating a note and dropping the file into the notes section, and saving the note. The attachment to the note will then be saved on the right and side of the record under all attachments.

Attaching a Gif below of how this works. Hope that helps!

Note.gif

StephD13
Amazing thank you for sharing. So much easier. I have now shared this with my team.
Levi
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

yes please! 

ChMunz

It would be great to have a direct upload to the attachment section. The workaround via notes is okay but I don't want to have so many additional and unnecessary notes. 

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Agreed, had heard of other CRMs having this as a feature on theirs and this would make the process a lot simpler in HubSpot too!

RMansell

I think Drag and Drop is an ideal feature. It works well with other CRM systems and is missed when using HubSpot.

Having to firstly save a file and then upload to Hubspot is inefficent and then leaves unecessary files on the pc.