HubSpot Ideas

JVanHorn

Drag and Drop Editing for Customized Quote Templates

My company bought the Sales Professional package specifically to use the customized quote templates. If you know how to code in HubL, developing a customized quote template in the Design Manager is very intuitive and easy I'm sure. But as it currently stands with no experience coding in HubL, it's a pain to actually develop your own quote system. I believe it would dramatically increase the usage of customized quote tempaltes if the layman could create customized quote templates.

HubL is difficult for me to use even after spending weeks working on learning it. If there were a simple drag and drop feature added to the customize quote templates using the process below:

- Bold: New Features I'm Requesting be Added
- Non-Bold: Already Available Features

'Sales' drop down -----> 'Quotes' -----> 'Actions' drop down -----> 'Customized quote templates' -----> 'Customize quote template' -----> 'Create Your Own Template' -----> 'Add a Module' -----> (here there would be a list of all default modules available to the user) -----> 'Module Size/Shape' (this would give the module a specifically sized/shaped box that text, image, etc. could sit in) -----> (after being added, a user could easily edit a template by dragging a module onto the template preview which would have a grid allowing for users to align images, pictures, etc. with eachother).

I'm sure this idea can be expanded upon and improved further, but as a payign customer who has been trying to use the 'Customized Quote Template' feature as it is currently, it's very unintuitive and slow to use. 
Please take my idea into consideration, I'm 100% certain it would make your customers experience using the feature much better. Thanks!

16 Replies
IAljoskin

That would be a great feature. Right now there are only 4 templates to work with and they're not easily customizable.

AJohnson00

This is a great idea! I would use this for my custom quotes at work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with everybody else here. This would be extremely helpful!

GHurda

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS. IM BEGGING YOU.

BBarness

Drag and Drop > Code

CUponor

I think this would be a good idea to add to Hubspot, this would enable my organization to make quotes exponentially faster.

CPedul

Start the development of this feature ASAP!

JHands

This feature is a necessity for me. I work with document templates every day, and this feature if upgraded would save me hundreds of hours per year

Joacimbr
Participant

Yes please implement! It should been like this from the start really. So many others with this feature has a way easier method to create their own teamplates. 

RonjaTU

Yes, please implement absolutely and as soon as possible. In addition, it should be possible that employees also get permission to edit offer templates via an authorization in the role rights system in order to be able to insert the texts and images individually. Currently, this is only reserved for super admin, which is extremely bad!

MErben

Yes! The HubSpot customer base needs this! It should not require a developer to create a quote template. Please implement ASAP.

SMeyerSuarez
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is urgently needed. We have several customers, that have problems with the existing templates. They aren't really much adjustable. It must be possible to place a logo on each side in the header as well as a footer on each page and a page number. Especially when exporting the file to a PDF. At the moment this isn't possible, since the logo then runs over the content. This is a huge pain. 

DavidWilson

This would be great!

SGoldsmith6

This is a must else it makes HubSpot a poor option for sales quotations or anything where you need a professional template stylised to be fit for purpose.  The current templates do not really meet the needs of our growing business and we do have the access level by our subscription.  I should not need to hire a third party, nor a coder to do a template.

FlorinW

Great idea! For the drag and drop editor marketing emails works great, something similar for the quotes would be extremly helpful. Especially if we could place some additional text fields.

KingJasonHull

I would love this!