HubSpot Ideas

John

Drag and Drop (DnD) Right Click Navigator

Sometimes things can be tricky to navigate to if there is negative margin or hidden modules on mobile. It would be nice to have right click navigation similar to elementor's.

Their's has arrangement capabilities, but I'm more concerned with just finding things or accessing specific sections on a page when clicking around doesn't work.

7 Comentarios
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee

Would being able to see columns, rows, and sections within the "contents" tab of the page solve this issue?

Also as a developer would us hijacking the right click context menu be annoying or acceptable, to provide functionality?
(This would make it harder to inspect the page within the editor. Which may be useful when troubleshooting a display bug in a module that only occurs within the page editor. That's probably a rare occurence though.)

John
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum

Possibly frustrating for devs and ideally a toggle of some sort would be a good idea to turn the functionality off. As a last resort, however, I'd just f12 or cmd+opt+j it and inspect. The contents tab is ok, but I've never encountered a marketer who knows to use it. Furthermore, the contents tab only shows modules. Maybe a quick compromise would be to organize the contents tab into sections>columns>modules like the example above.

Mark_Ryba
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

Por que no los dos? 

As a counter to John's point above, our team LOVES the content sidebar, and I've always thought a section/row/column/module tree in this area would be pretty natural and helpful. 

John

Then definitely dos @Mark_Ryba 😁

dperolio
Colaborador | Partner
@jmclaren wrote:
Would being able to see columns, rows, and sections within the "contents" tab of the page solve this issue?

Also as a developer would us hijacking the right click context menu be annoying or acceptable, to provide functionality?
(This would make it harder to inspect the page within the editor. Which may be useful when troubleshooting a display bug in a module that only occurs within the page editor. That's probably a rare occurence though.)

I personally think having them appear in the Contents tab (with a proper, modified design layout for the Contents tab to suit) is the right call. I would find it annoying hijacking the right click context menu, and I don't think that's a good solution myself anyway. Putting them in the Contents tab makes perfect sense and could be very nice with a slight redesign to accomodate.

John

Here are my thoughts addressing concerns over hijacking right click.

1. Simply add native right click functionality back in with a ctrl/cmd + right click.
  2. This is a drag and drop editor. I can pretty much guarantee users would use a functional navigator right click over a native one.
  3. How many non-devs do y'all know right clicking in the page editor?
RJaglan
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

I was using CMS and wanted to write an idea about the CMS navigator-like elementor. I am glad someone already picked it up. It's very frustrating to use column blocks when there are negative margins, and too many limitations to work around. A simple approach will also work like adding right-click command!