HubSpot Ideas

aselekof

Download Email HTML

We regularly need to export our emails to send to partnering companies to utilize in their own email management systems.

Currently this entails manually removing Hubspot <div> tags and classes that are created from the HUBL templates. We need a way to cleanly export html email without these tags that can bog down the emails for export.

84件のコメント
MDixon8
メンバー

This is very frustrating for us too. At the moment you can only download a HTML file for third party publications by sending the email to yourself first. There's no way to do it for a draft email. In Marketo there was simply a button to 'download HTML' and it downloaded the file straight away - this sort of function would be very useful. 

RSCHOLTE
参加者

Is this functionality ever going to happen? It seems like over the span of 3+ years HubSpot would have figured out such a basic standard feature. Please make this happen!

HSDev
メンバー

100% agree with this. It is a must add feature.

JenWallace
投稿者

Shame that a year later this is still not available.  It is a critical piece of what we need as users.  I'm not allowed to marketing through Hubspot to purchased list so I use another provider for that list.  I need the same email to go to my managed, Opt Ins, as well as to my purchased list.  I shouldn't have to create it twice.  A simple feature to export to HTML solves this for everyone.  As far as I can see every other major CRM tool offers this feature.  Please consider the add!

AChilders
参加者

Hi everyone!

I found a method that worked for our agency that needed an HTML version of our email. 

First, I viewed the email in question as a web page.

Then I right-clicked to "save as" and selected "Webpage, Complete" as the file type.

I then zipped up the page and saved files into a folder and sent it over with the raw HTML outlined below.

If you just need to save the HTML of an email, it's actually quite easy to do using the steps outlined in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-do-i-get-the-html-of-an-email-i-sent-from-hubspot.

After you copy the code, paste it into notepad to save as raw text (a .txt file) or change the file type to "All Files" and add ".html" at the end of the name you save it as to save as an "HTML file" (which really just tells your computer to open it in a browser. This link has more details on that. https://programminghead.com/how-to-create-save-and-open-an-html-file-in-notepad/

They were able to work with that. 

Does that answer your question @aselekof ?

dan-t
メンバー

Stunned that this still isn't possible @Shane_Janssens  - any update coming this year? It's clearly an issue for many of your users, us included!

aselekof
メンバー

@AChilders sorry no. We already do something similar. My issue is that the code you export in any of these fashions have classes and extra divs and spans that the hubpot builder adds in to the html. When you take that HTML and then add it into another system that might add their own classes, divs, spans etc. you run the risk of the email breaking in multiple clients.

My request is to export clean HTML with markup from the original template and the new content filled in, removing all the extra tags and classes Hubspot adds into the code.

ie. Instead of this

<td valign="top" align="center" style="border-collapse:collapse; mso-line-height-rule:exactly; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:1.5; color:#000000">
	<div id="hs_cos_wrapper_BodyCopy2" class="hs_cos_wrapper hs_cos_wrapper_widget hs_cos_wrapper_type_rich_text" style="color: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit;" data-hs-cos-general-type="widget" data-hs-cos-type="rich_text">
		<p><span style="border-collapse:collapse; mso-line-height-rule:exactly; color:black">Your text here.</span></p>
	</div>
</td>

You'd get this

<td valign="top" align="center" style="border-collapse:collapse; mso-line-height-rule:exactly; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:1.5; color:#000000">
	<p>Your text here.</p>
</td>
jeastman
参加者

I can't believe this functionality still isn't available in Hubspot. The more I use the email features of Hubspot, the more I want to switch to another ESP. There is so much basic functionality that is missing. 

KWeinberger
メンバー

Pardot had this functionality which was super useful and it is pretty fundamental. Why does HubSpot not have this? That alone makes me not want to recommend it to anyone. 😞

eromano
メンバー

Has anyone successfully implemented partitioning to solve this? Part of me thinks that Hubspot doesn't support exporting because they want folks to adopt partitioning and give third parties access that way and thus grow their customer base. Is that solution working for anyone?

kasiabf
参加者

Is there any update on this? Its a pain when working with 3rd parties sending emails on our behalf, email marketing isn't going anywhere so this should be way easier than Hubspot allows - its also possible via competing systems so this is dissapointing that a company that prides itself on ease of use doesn't have basic features to help marketers execute campaigns most effectively.

From what it looks like i now have to go copying and pasting from the template manager, we have zero coding experience in-house so this just makes executing a simple task much harder than it needs to be

Rgonzalez1
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

We just wrote into the help desk who set this cute little gif. God bless the HubSpot help desk. I know it seems obvious but it was really nice to see it. Sticking here is case this helps our fellow frustrated marketers out. 

Email Template Source Code-1.gif

kasiabf
参加者

So we managed to work around this issue by turning on the web version and sending to our 3rd party, they were able to get what they needed from the web version for the HTML email and it worked perfectly, so if anyone is stuck this is a good option (unless the 3rd party you're working with isn't the most helpful - they may need to remove some code to make it work)

We found that copying the source code from the editor didn't work for us

aselekof
メンバー

@Rgonzalez1 sorry, this is not what we are looking for in this thread. We want to pull the email in it's entirity as html without HubL code.

CWeatherhead
メンバー

We need this feature (download email as html). Without HUBL. Just like Marketo and others. 

AKing80
メンバー

Interesting isn't how long this has been request and Hubspot still cannot provide this feature? Regarding the simple solution of "save as" for the email preview in Chrome or other browser, this works for the email itself but not for any tracking codes you have. The HTML file that is saved in the browser is just a preview so it is not providing the tracking of your CTAs. You lose all of that, I found out.  I don't quite understand why other vendors like Pardot or Marketo would provide this capability to export HTML from emails for third-party deployment, and Hubspot can't do it.

DanaLovinger
メンバー

Adding my vote to this feature request. We would like to have this feature available as we often have to provide 3rd party partners with an HTML file. 

AVelandia
メンバー

Please get on this, it's necessary.

cottley
参加者

We regularly have conferences we attend that will send out an email for us using a third party. Their requirements are always that we send them an HTML file (so being able to export the HTML cleanly from one of our HubSpot emails would be super helpful) and also that we send them an opt-out link... that one is a little more difficult.

But having HubSpot's support for this feature would make a world of difference.

AKing80
メンバー
I think we're talking to ourselves here.