HubSpot Ideas

aselekof

Download Email HTML

We regularly need to export our emails to send to partnering companies to utilize in their own email management systems.

Currently this entails manually removing Hubspot <div> tags and classes that are created from the HUBL templates. We need a way to cleanly export html email without these tags that can bog down the emails for export.

84 Replies
eromano

Yes! I need to provide emails I've created in Hubspot for my dealers to send but there isn't an easy way to do this. Thank you!

Kayleigh-Thomas

Hey, there is a way round it... Go into your email manager, click more and view on your email.

screenshot 1.png

Then when its in your browser (i use chrome) - click save as - and then chose HTML. Done and Done!

screenshot 2.PNG

aselekof

@Kayleigh-Thomas thank you for your reply! This doesn't fully solve the issue however as the hubspot ID's are still in the HTML. We're looking for a clean export that closely matches the original template, with the content input from the editor.

Thanks again!

Kayleigh-Thomas

@aselekof Close but no cigar! 🙂

aselekof

@Kayleigh-Thomas HAHA. Still appreciated! You gave someone else on the team a differen't way to export the HTML so not a complete miss 🙂

Shane_Janssens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Contributers, thank you for the idea and for all the feedback, This feature is not available for Marketing Email yet. We are hoping to review this, but this is not planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I am updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. I will update here once we have plans in place.

Best,

Shane

MarlaF

Hi,

I also need to easily find the HTML code behind a marketing email to send to partner paid media as creative.  It is currenlty a convoluted process, please simplify by having a copy html source code option.

SueHic

This certainly needs sorting. It hampers external activity. 

SdPounders
Participant

Why is this not possible? This is critical when working with 3rd parties to ensure brand consistency and something 3rd parties typically require.

ktrainer

Would be such a useful feature! 

NateHall151

Very frustrating that this is not available when it's so easily done on other marketing automation tools. 

reeskm

I just found out tonight that I need this functionality for a 3rd party. Please implement!

Colby_H

This is also a feature that we would really like to see made available. 

nikkileefisher
Participant

Having this ability would be SO useful. We currently have to use one of your competitors (BeeFree.io) to export emails but as a result they look differently stylistically from the rest of our emails that we send through HubSpot. We need the export HTML feature to send registration emails through a separate system. Not being able to do this in HubSpot really bogs down our process.

Note: I do know that you TECHNICALLY can export HTML if you use the design tools... but.... honestly, this tool is not that helpful. It is not WYSWIG and not easy to use. It's easier to switch to BeeFree.io than to try to build & export from here. What I want to be able to do is use the drag-and-drop editor to design something and export the HTML from there to a third-party with the image links house and live in the HubSpot library.

Marieke_
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I would love that feature too, many of my clients at the agency have asked for this

TSJ
Participant

YES! Please add this feature, it is greatly needed.

Brady_Loomis
Member | Platinum Partner

We're also looking to be able to do this! We build emails for utility cooperatives to customize and send emails to their members. We'd love to utilize Hubspot for building these emails, but we need to be able to export the HTML files first. Thank you! 

faithantion
Contributor

I am also very interested in this feature for my team. We occasionally have to use other email platforms and being able to easily export clean HTML from HubSpot and import into those platforms would be ideal for brand consistency. Other platforms have this feature built-in and it has been very helpful when I've had access to the function.

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Hello - adding my vote to this feature request - would be great as a client has just fully designed an email in Hubspot for this purpose only to find we can't simply export the html for a 3rd party to send. 

Thanks

JRunyon

I agree!  This featrure is critical for utilizing 3rd party publications and partners' community for marketing emails.  We often have 3rd party partners send emails on our behalf and are required to provide the creative and the email in HTML format.  Thanks!!