HubSpot Ideas

Johannes_LAC

Double-opt in configuration per Form not per page

we have restricitive requirements here in Germany (Double-opt-in) for emails. I would like allow customers to sign up the Newsletter (e.g. in the Footer) and fill in a contact form on the same page. If I activitate the double opt-in, both actions the form and the NL will trigger the opt-in workflow, which does not make sense. I just want the NL form to trigger this process.. Turning Double opt-in on or off per page does not help here. If we could trigger double-opt-in Workflow at the form level, all problem would be solved...

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
May 28, 2020 07:15 AM

Hi all!

Product manager for the Subscriptions team here, this is an excellent idea and one I agree should be tackled. We won't be able to make any movement on this in the immediate future, though I am keeping it on my radar and will be providing updates as we get closer to actioning this.

69 Kommentare
Jaqueline
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

I would also apprciate a double opt-in per form. For us the main reason is that you can only choose pages which are build in HubSpot. But we often integrate newsletter subscriptions on external websites for our clients. Regarding the DSGVO this is a very important issue

MireilleWathes
Mitglied

As an international brand with different requirements from each country we too would love to see the double opt-in functionality to work per form. We build our landing pages in WordPress so at the moment I can't use the double opt-in for just Germany (which is what we need). With the GDPR coming soon this is a very important issue, and I'm sure we are not the only ones requiring this option.

Johannes_LAC
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Mireille,

thanks for pointing out your specific use case, which should be pretty common. We have ultimately solved the double opt-in by designing two custom workflows and a new field, which includes a status of the opt-in. It is not pretty and Hubspot should actually have not a lot of effort assigning D-optin to forms. As Hubspot is just expanding in the EU, I guess there is not enough feedback so far. Lets hope it will move up their priorization of this topic.

Johannes

HG
Teilnehmer/-in

I too would love DOI by form rather than (or in addition to) by page. We really want to only have our blog pages (hosted by Husbpot) and our newsletter subscription page have Double Opt In enabled, and everywhere else disabled, mostly because of the confirmation email it sends and how that will confuse people if for example they are filling out a form of ours to access a white paper...if they receive an email asking them to confirm their subscription just by filling out that white paper form page, it causes confusion.

Apparently there is also no way to choose blog pages (or better yet the blog domain as a whole) to add to the "Enable" list in the DOI settings, so if we choose to enable DOI only for our page that people fill out a form to subscribe for our mailings, then it is preventing DOI from working on any of the blog pages, and that's not what we want.

It seems that DOI by form would solve this. Please consider!

Alexandru
Mitglied

The simple DOI setup possibility from the email settings panel is also a absolute bottleneck and pain for our current implementation of our lead generation processes. I would also be very happy, if the Hubspot product dev teams would consider the community requests from the previous posts. Form based DOI processes, would also be my preferred approach.

ndwilliams3
Autorität

The double opt-in definately needs to be more flexible. We operate in both the US and Canada. Canada is way more restrictive than the US with laws for email. Would love the abiity to set opt-in settings based on a specifc form, contact property or list membership.

skalka
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Same here, we work in Germany and we have customers all around the world. We have all the forms on our website and we would like to activate the double opt-in based on form. At the moment there's no viable solution for this.

It would be great for example to send the double opt-in email only when a certain contact property is triggered, e.g. a newsletter acceptance checkbox.

With GDPR coming HubSpot really needs to address this issue.

Franziska
Mitglied

I also think the process of setting up double opt-in needs to be more convenient, especially DOI for forms and not only for landingpages. 

cdoll2
Mitglied

Agreed! We also are interested in getting DOI for FORMS, not just landing pages.

None of our forms are on HubSpot landing pages, so I have no option at the moment to DOI users. And I don't want to target all pages as we have the form only on specific website pages (not LP's).

The hard-bounces are really affecting our performance score so I hope HubSpot is able to create a solution soon. 

njg
Mitglied

With the upcoming GDPR, I'm not sure how Hubspot could not put this in place, given the way customers are using these forms. Please consider this. Thank you!

clusian
Teilnehmer/-in

If you want to DOI contacts on a form on your website, you could embed a Hubspot form. They will go through the default DOI process in Hubspot if you have that enabled. If you have your own custom form, such as an account sign up page and want to solicit email subscription you could create your own workflow/double opt in process. You would need to connect to Hubspot through an API wich might require custom development, but possible. 

Johannes_LAC
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Clusian,

thanks for the advice. We have actually implemented the D-optin with a workflow on a per form basis. This can be done easily. Nevertheless, the objective of hubspot should be, that if they offer opt-in, this should be done in a practical manner (per form basis). They cannot expect their customers to work via the API for a simple requirement such as organizing double-opt-in. 

AgatheM
Mitglied

We have the same issue. Possibility to enabled the DOI on the form level (as well as the page level) would be very helpful. We communicate in different countries and this feature would allow us to be more flexible. Thank you for taking all our comments in consideration!

dmfitzpatrick
Mitglied

I'd also support this. Our PII collection is done exlusively through HubSpot forms with WP/PHP site being custom, and double opt in also only applies to some specific forms. To expect us to be GDPR compliant without the ability to turn these workflows on for certain forms is unrealistic.

theScott
Stratege/Strategin

I absolutely support this. I'd additionally like to see the double opt-in feature be selectable by Subscription Type. We currently have eight subscription types, and not all of them need a double opt-in process. Moreover, I don't want to use the same exact confirmation email for each of the different subscriptions that do use a double opt-in. I need to tailor the message based on type of email they are subscribing to (e.g. newsletter vs blog subscription vs general marketing info).

medienökonom
Teilnehmer/-in

Ohhh yes. We need that, too. I am playing around with hidden forms being filled out when we scan a business card and it always sends out and opt in mail when some "fills out the hidden form". You will expect some confused faces when we scan their card and they get an DOI mail. Thats not the way it should be. 

thiesthies
Mitglied

Badly need this!

BastiSchuhl
Stratege/Strategin

Hi there! I couldn't agree more with the previous arguments. Having a Double Opt-In that can be selectively turned on / off for individual forms, not pages is crucial in my opinion. I hope this will be added as a feature soon.

Marine
Teilnehmer/-in

This is also a huge problem for our company. We got the entreprise license to be able to use Hubspot in Europe and USA and are very disappointed that this German-only required feature can't be set up for German forms only and has to be activated for all Hubspot forms. Our websites are external so even the "enable/disable on specific pages only" option doesn't work as we have no hubspot hosted pages. Please find a solution soon!!

martinarens
Mitglied

+1

!!! 🙂