HubSpot Ideas

Johannes_LAC

Double-opt in configuration per Form not per page

we have restricitive requirements here in Germany (Double-opt-in) for emails. I would like allow customers to sign up the Newsletter (e.g. in the Footer) and fill in a contact form on the same page. If I activitate the double opt-in, both actions the form and the NL will trigger the opt-in workflow, which does not make sense. I just want the NL form to trigger this process.. Turning Double opt-in on or off per page does not help here. If we could trigger double-opt-in Workflow at the form level, all problem would be solved...

69件のコメント
JSchneider
メンバー

+1

must-have

jarruby
メンバー | Solutions Partner

+1

Still need this.  

LHenne
メンバー

+1

IKurz
メンバー

I completely agree with this. It should be possible to enable double opt-in per form to comply with gdpr regulations.

pixelreinjan
メンバー

We absolutely need this. It is not even possible to set the opt in for an email address via the api.

DaveGoff2
投稿者

Another +1 on this. We really need DOI per form rather than global.

mchvatal
投稿者

Hoping to bump this up again. We have several different use cases for forms in our business. Having a double opt-in across all forms causes more headaches than it's worth but would love to turn this feature on for blog subscribers and for newsletter subscriptions. Those are handled sometimes through pages but even more so through pop-up forms. 

NicoleJ
HubSpot進行役

+1 on behalf of a customer, this would be a huge help and relief.

Ellesyanna
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

This is is very much needed, because I cannot disable it now for forms on non-hubspot pages.

FizzyEyebrow
メンバー

+1

MBeran6
投稿者

+1,000

We use forms across our website, some on Hubspot pages, some not on Hubspot pages and we need the ability to toggle double opt in by form. Our form purposes vary widely and in many instances it isn't appropriate to require a double opt in.

For example, we have no need for a double opt in for a form asking for volunteers but we absolutely need a double opt in on a Newsletter sign up form.

Thanks!

BWhitehouse
参加者

This is incredibly important; many companies operate in various regions including Germany, which seems to be one of the only countires with stricter GDPR practices. Being able to have single opt-in on everything, with the option to have a page, form or whatever that has its own opt in settings would be very powerful. Hubspot is not the only provider that has this double-opt in issue. If this was sorted, it would benefit so many marketeers.

helaannabi
メンバー

YES! WE NEED IT ALSO FOR GERMANY

GDPR!! IT'S URGENT

fiberpunk
投稿者

This is in fact very much needed ... +1

MPapayani
メンバー

We also need this!

IFurey
メンバー

+1

CHoldridge
参加者

Hi Hubspot, it's been five years and people still want this! And anyone looking here and agreeing, suggest you also upvote this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Selective-double-opt-in/idc-p/629303#M111757

As I said over there ... We really need it to be possible to select DOI to be triggered based on which forms are filled in, not which Hubspot pages (which is useless, since our site isn't built in Hubspot). DOI is a great and necessary feature where contacts indicate they want to subscribe to our blog updates or promos. But it is bad, nonsense UX to send DOI emails to an MQL who has chosen to fill in our contact form. They will likely think we're trying to automatically subscribe them, which is not GDPR compliant and not something we'd do! 

aaronsydecar
参加者

I am in disbelief that this has been sitting on a roadmap somewhere for 5 years! This should be a feature 

JDiaz
メンバー

Hey @TylerScionti, great to see Product Managers interact in this forum 🙏

Just to clarify: Your reply says "In Planning" while the original request still shows the "Not Currently Planned" badge (see screenshot below). Also it has already been 2 years since your reply. So I wonder... What is the status here? 🙂

I think the whole HubSpot User Community would be very thankful if you could push this topic internally 😇

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-17 um 09.15.15.png

helaannabi
メンバー

We need it!

Hubspot isn't GDPR compliant because we can't use DOI for our german contacts!!!

@LMontserrat @MEgger