HubSpot Ideas

AllisonZ

Double Opt-in Enrollment Feature for Workflows

If double-opt in is enabled within a portal, we always need to set an additional enrollment trigger on workflows that send marketing emails, to ensure that only contacts with confirmed DOI status will be enrolled and sent the email. The only "workaround" is to set the additional workflow enrollment trigger as:

• Marketing Email Confirmation Status is any of:
    • Confirmed
    • User clicked confirmed
    • HubSpot Rep. marked confirmed
    • Customer marked confirmed
    • Confirmed from previous behavior

doi_1.png

What happens currently is that contacts are enrolled in the workflow, regardless of their DOI status, which results in the marketing emails not being delivered. There is a lot of manual work involved in having to assess these contacts and manually resend the email. 

It would be immensely beneficial to have a double opt-in enrollment feature for workflows in portals where double opt-in is activated. I was imaging some sort of option that when activated in the workflow, will only enroll contacts with DOI confirmed without having to set additional enrollment triggers. 

This is currently causing a lot of confusion for customers, especially in Germany where DOI is a legal requirement. Additionally, there are multiple values for Marketing Email Confirmation Status which makes overcomplicates this even more.

18 Kommentare
anne_becker
HubSpot Employee

This would be immensely helpful!

folked
Stratege/Strategin

Agree. Users tend to forget to add the additional enrollment trigger on marketing email confirmation status. In case they forget it, it is not a legal problem (because marketing emails will not be sent without DOI), however there are other problems involved:

HubSpot will attempt to send the marketing email again and again for (I think) 24 hours on an hourly basis which leads to 24  timeline entries (email could not be sent) if the contact does not click the DOI link. If the contacts do not click the DOI link within 24 hours, they will not receive the marketing email at all.

sven_montanus
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

This would be a major improvement. And there's so much more around DOI handling in HubSpot that urgently requires improvement, e.g. multi-language opt-in emails. Come on, HubSpot – you can do it! 🙂

CST
Teilnehmer/-in

Honestly, I don't understand why this still hasn't been taken care off.

The option is available to manually set this value at contact level so why not making this available for workflows. When I tried to achieve this 2 years ago it was already a highly needed option... now more than 2 years ago and millions of people following the GPRD regulations while working at an international company I would expect that Hubspot sorted this out by now.

MTSUWD
Teilnehmer/-in

I see this exactly like Menno and don't understand how HubSpot can't be active here.

I can only repeat that it is absolutely illogical to be able to trigger this function manually per bulk even, but it is not available as an option in the workflows.

Especially when working with other systems that synchronize with HubSpot this is an absolute problem!

Best Regards

Marc

jmsrdmnd
Mitglied

Calling on Hubspot to provide updates on this request. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
JoeMayall
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hey folks,

I've connected with the Product team about this Idea and wanted to provide an update. We appreciate your feedback as it's helped us see the need for this double-opt-in feature, but at this time we don't have immediate plans to build this. This is certainly something we'd like to tackle as the resources became available, so please continue to leave feedback on this thread.

Best,

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

Ruben_tB
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

IMO this DOI feature is unfinished, not only for above-mentioned issue with workflows but also for

• external contacts generated > FB / LI lead ad forms
  • manually created contacts 
  • not being able to send double opt-in reminder emails

At this point if you use this feature you have a guarantee of decreasing your data quality.

DLeight
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

This feature would be amazing!! 

laurabren
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Chiming in to +1 this idea. 

AVChrista
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

I would like to see this feature reconsidered by HubSpot. Being able to set double opt-in in a workflow and/or trigger another DOI email to be sent to contacts is needed. 

MPapayani
Mitglied

We would also like to have this implemented as soon as possible since we are working with multiple countries, campaigns and integration with other databases.

RLicau
Teilnehmer/-in

I'd also love to see this idea implemented. 

Same feature requested in 2019

froettgen
HubSpot Employee

+1

DOI and workflows is quite tricky to understand and becoming more and more important in markets where privacy laws require DOI.

Kirsten8686
Teilnehmer/-in

Has there been any update on this? 

onvista
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This feature is absolutely necessary to only enroll contacts who actually can receive marketing e-mails. 

DinkoS
Teilnehmer/-in

This feature should really be implemented. Any news about it Hubspot? 

flouSH
Mitglied

PLEASE HubSpot - don't make things so incredibly hard on EU users.

Those are the moments, my team is seriously considering walking away from the whole HubSpot CRM. This kind of torture will be a retention problem for sure. Our tech stack is constantly evolving, please follow along. It's 2023 and GDPR is a reality for EU businesses.