HubSpot Ideas

larissa

Don't remove the Call Queue!

I have been notified that the Call Queue is being replaced completely with the Task Queue sometime this month (May). Although the addition of the Task Queue is very helpful, it should not replace the Call Queue completely. Calls and Tasks are put at different prioritie levels.

I make calls to the same person everyday, so having to set tasks each day for each contact would be innefficient. I tried to enroll them in sequences to auto-task to prepare for the change but ran into the problem of unenrolling once they responded to an email. Tasks are for followups and things that need to be set for the future. Tasks are always last priority of the day and if they are mixed with the most important things it would get confusing and be a waste of time to try and seperate contacts into different Task Queues everyday.

33 Comentários
Roelof
Participante

Previously we had the possibilty to add a contact to the call que straight from the contact card of a person. On the "Call" tab there was a button "Add to call Que". For some reason this button has been removed??? Please put it back, it was very useful to have.

eswide
Membro

Please re-instate the "add to call queue" button on the individual contact card. It saves so much time just being able to add the contact to the call queue directly instead of searching within all my contact and I cannot understand why you keep taking it away.

mikeabowles
Membro

Removal of the "add to call queue" button from an individual contact's page was an awful idea.  

When you are looking at a contacts record/profile you used to be able to simply click "add to call queue" and then crush your call queue when appropriate.  

Now if  you want to add a contact to your call queue, you now need to leave the contact's page, search them in the contact log box, check the box, hit the "more" drop down button and then add them to a call queue. 

Think about how much extra time that adds for every contact if you want to add 200 people to a call queue for the week....  The alternative of using the task queue also adds extra unneccesary steps. 

Status atualizado para: In Beta
hroberts
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

As we move away from the old Call Queue to our new Task Queue (in beta now: https://ux.hubspot.com/beta/crm-tasks-queue) we will be adding the ability to create tasks in the way that "Add to Call Queue" used to do.

mmdeneen
Participante

I get that you integrated to the call queue to the task queue.  This is not a good idea and you should have never gotten rid of the button.  Now in order to add a call to my task queue, I still have to create the task. On top of that I get an email notification which is very unnecessary (I don't need a reminder)!  

It is much easier when using the call queue to go through it multiple times a day and hit one call after another as it is automated.  I don't need to create tasks and get notifications to do that. For other things like FOLLOWING UP, the task queue is nice.  But the call queue is nice for LEAD GENERATION, setting up meetings for my upcoming market travel trip.  Task queue is not handy for that.  

hroberts

This idea has been merged as a duplicate, your votes will be combined.

Jemb
Membro

This is a tool I use on a daily basis and with the button missing it makes it a lot harder to add contacts to my call queue when I'm in the contact already.

Status atualizado para: Idea Submitted
hroberts

mmdeneen
Participante

What does that status changed to "NEW" mean?

Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
roisinkirby

Hey @larissa and to all those who voted on this feature request, I wanted to provide further information on this update and why it has been implemented. 

When we first built the call queue in HubSpot CRM, the goal was simple: create a tool that helped sales reps work more efficiently and in a more focused way. Over time, we've received great feedback on the tool (both on this forum and other channels), and reviews have been mixed on how well it lives up to that goal.

It helps a sales team call leads faster, sure. But it lacks the flexibility to truly make a sales team more productive. Calling quicker is great, but what about emails and other to-dos? What if you want to set up multiple queues for different types of follow-up? What if you’re following up on a specific deal --- how does the call queue help you to track that down?

With that feedback as our north star, we launched a brand new productivity tool in HubSpot CRM called task queues. If you haven’t checked out task queues, here’s the gist: think of a task queue like a playlist for your tasks. Simply create a task queue for a certain category of to-dos - it could be based on time zone, territory, priority, or anything else you choose. Add tasks to the queue. Press play. Run through your tasks. That’s it. In short, task queues is the future of getting things done in HubSpot CRM.

With that in mind, on July 10th 2017, the call queue feature will be removed from the CRM. Further details to the above can be found here on the Product Updates Blog

I will of ocurse. continue to pass on feedback to the Product Team from this thread. 

Roelof
Participante

Please do not remove the call queue, it's great and can not be replaced by a call queue in tasks.

It doesn't matter when I contact the people that are in my call queue, I just need to get hold of them. So I do not want a date connected to this because it can never be overdue, this works perfect in the call queue but does not work in tasks. 
A task is always related to a date which is why this is not good for prospecting work.

>It helps a sales team call leads faster, sure. But it lacks the flexibility to truly make a sales team more productive. Calling quicker is great, but >what about emails and other to-dos? What if you want to set up multiple queues for different types of follow-up? What if you’re following up on a >specific deal --- how does the call queue help you to track that down?

The new tasks queue is good for different types of follow-up but it is not replacing the call queue functionality.

When prospecting I just go through my Call queue and whenever I get to talk to someone they are either removed from the call queue or I make a time-related task for them when to follow up when they've shown interest.

I believe the Call queue should stay and have the renewed task queue be an addition to the call queue, don't let it replace it please.

mmdeneen
Participante

I full heartedly agree with Roelof

It helps a sales team call leads faster, sure. But it lacks the flexibility to truly make a sales team more productive. Calling quicker is great, but what about emails and other to-dos? What if you want to set up multiple queues for different types of follow-up? What if you’re following up on a specific deal --- how does the call queue help you to track that down?

Well now if you have just made calling out of the CRM slower by removing the call queue.  Now to make a queue, I need a subject line, a due date (which I don't need when calling, I am calling them until they pick up, no deadline required), and also to click that I don't need an email reminder.  All these more steps instead of a just a simple button called "Add To Call Queue". So you state flexibility, when in fact you make it more time consuming.  On top of that, now when I finish the queue, since I don't use due dates if the due date hits complete, you remove them the queue completely. 

If when I go through my call queue and they pick up, then I create my others to do's and move them to tasks area. and then a simple click to remove them from my call queue.  Just as Roelof pointed out.  Call queue list also serves me reminders on who to follow up with and try to reach.   I USE BOTH HAND-IN-HAND, BUT I DON'T NEED THEM THE SAME!  ABSOLUTELY NOT- UNPRODUCTIVE!  

mmdeneen
Participante

It seems to me that the HubSpot focuses their CRM on "HOW TO FOLLOW UP" rather "LEAD GENERATION".  If they actually focused on that which is the FIRST STEP in order to actually follow up with a contact (and remember we had to use lead generation to find and get this contact in the first place), the CRM would be sooo more useful.   Case in point their focus statement here: But it lacks the flexibility to truly make a sales team more productive. Calling quicker is great, but >what about emails and other to-dos? What if you want to set up multiple queues for different types of follow-up? What if you’re following up on a >specific deal --- how does the call queue help you to track that down?

Roelof
Participante

I really hope the Product team reconsiders the decision of removing the call queue. There have been many changes to Hubspot, not a single one negative. However removing the "add to call queue" button from the contact card and the planned removal of the call queue is negatively impacting Hubspot in a huge way.

Has the product team former sales people in the team that have been cold calling new customers? They know that you need to work a list of prospects. You need a quick way of getting people on the list, it should be possible to sort the list, the list should be easy to work (you need to make as many calls as possible in the time you are working the list) and you should be able to start the list from any point in the list going forward. 

When removing ING the call queue how does the product team think prospecting work should be done within Hubspot? 

Call queue in tasks doesn't work properly because I need to set subject, form of contact (call/mail/to do) and select a date. 

Product team, I and many sales people with me, just need to be able to work a list for calling people. The functionality exists, it works great, why remove it??? 

Please keep the call queue, Hubspot Sales is the name of the tool right? Than please focus on what sales people need to do their work. Yes, the new task functionality is really good but it can not replace the call queue...

Alana
Participante

I am with @Roelof. Although task queues is a great tool, it is not suitable to replace call queues as it is used for a different purpose.

"When prospecting I just go through my Call queue and whenever I get to talk to someone they are either removed from the call queue or I make a time-related task for them when to follow up when they've shown interest" - Meaning if you use task queues it will over clutter and cause unnecessary work with moving tasks etc. 

RoseRykowski
Membro

The call que feature is pretty cool. We just started using this to schedule calls from campaigns/workflows. Disappointed to hear it will be removed. The call que saves alot of time.

Cody
Membro

Hello - I'd like to add to this conversation. Most of my sales team uses the call queue daily for contacting new and existing prospects, and it is super helpful to sort the contacts by different factors, such as: the date they became a lead, the date they last visited our site, the date of last contact with that person, and several other relevant details. It is crucial to sort contacts so that we're contacting the most relevant leads first.

Creating a task queue for a list of contacts does not offer a way to preserve the ordered lists, nor does the task queue give us the ability to sort after the fact. I would humbly ask that both call and task queues be available until these highly used sorting features are available in the new task queue system.

usadreamclean
Participante

Yikes, HubSpot, say it ain't so...

The integration/deprecation of the Call Queue into Tasks seems like a fantastically misguided mistake.

Getting all my calls organized/racked-and-stacked used to be a breeze. It's now multiple extra/duplicative clicks under your new version. What used to be such a simple process and productivity booster is now a rather soul and productivity sucking affair. 

Roll it back and give users the power and productivity of the Call Queue please...

sowers
Membro

The Task Queues are not a replacement for the former Call Queue. The Task Queue requires much more inefficient overhead to accomplish the same task of calling a set of my prospects. I need to be able to filter AND order my contacts into a callable list and then run through those calls efficiently. It is brutal to have to create a task associated with each of these call attempts. If I don't reach the prospect I don't necessarily want a task still associated with that contact. Furthermore, the Task Queue does not allow for ordering by contact property, only by task property. That is VERY limititing. I NEED to be able to filter and order my prospects multiple times a day and call them using the old Call Queue. This cannot be accomplished with the Task Queue. It was a HUGE mistake to remove the Call queue.

Also, has anyone else experience the Task Queue bug where tasks that were once assigned to a partiular Task Queue all of a sudden and for no apparent reason are no longer assigned to that queue? This bug is costing me lots of money and downtime. The same bug happens for me when I bulk create tasks to particular queues and the tasks are created but only some are assigned to the queue. This is so frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this??

Please bring back the Call Queue!

sowers
Membro

Product team, are you considering reinstating the Call Queue?