HubSpot Ideas

galenweber

Don't log outbound emails in Inbox (or provide an option not to)

Feature request: provide the option to not log outbound emails in the Inbox.

Are there examples of other places or products who have this feature?

You would be hard pressed to find an example of another Inbox that doesn't have the feature I described above. Gmail, Yahoo mail, hotmail. Every Inbox since the dawn of Inbox history shows inbound emails in the Inbox, and shows outbound emails in a different folder.

I've attached a screenshot of how Gmail handles this (with annotation) if that would be helpful for your produce team.Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 1.53.28 PM.png

3 Replies
Lauren_D
Participant

It's mindboggling that Inbox is set up like this. An INbox is always for incoming messages, not incoming and outgoing. Please filter outbox and inbox as separate folders at least, or give us the option to do so in settings. The current set up is way more frustraing than innovative, and I'm struggling to understand what use case it's helpful for? 

Our team wastes so much time closing our own messages we just sent in response to tickets / conversations. 

Thanks for your consideration! 

Jochem

+1, please fix this. It makes no sense to receive your own outgoing email in your inbox. For me and my team, it is very frustrating and time-consuming.

LiamW
Participant

Control would be beneficial for us as well. +1