Don't let unsubscribed contacts fill out forms without first clicking on the resubsrciption link

When the resubscription email is enabled for forms and leadflows and a contact submits the form and gets the prompted "Looks like you've opted out of email communication. Click here to get an email and opt back in." linked message they're still able to click submit again and get the post submission action, even if they haven't clicked on the link to resubscribed. It would be great if we made it so that if the resubscribe message appears the submit button disappears, or if when a contact clicks on the submit button without resubscribing they're presented with a message the tells them that because they didn't resubscribed their form submission was rejected.

HubSpot updates
Don't let unsubscribed contacts fill out forms without first clicking on the resubsrciption linkCommunity Manager
05-04-2018

Hey @Ron8 I'm going to move this post to the Ideas Forum all feature requests must be posted here in order for the Product Team to view. 

3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Ron8 I'm going to move this post to the Ideas Forum all feature requests must be posted here in order for the Product Team to view. 

jnix284
Esteemed Contributor

This is very important - we have so many people who randomly decide to unsubscribe, and then reconvert later. They might just not want to hear from us for a while, but eventually they will be back.

dhayward
Occasional Contributor

I would recommend to have the resubscribe email sent automatically upon submission. 

Right now, it prompts the visitor to click a link and then leave the landing page (which might result in them never coming back) and allows them to submit the landing page without resubscribing (which results in them missing confirmation emails).  This feature really needs some work.