HubSpot Ideas

MjLaipenieks

Documents tool within Snippet tool

The Situation:

In short what our company does is build custom DIY steel framing kits for small structures (i.e. Tiny Homes, ADU's etc.). My role in our company is the Help Desk and a S.D.R. The bulk of what I do day-to-day is answer questions via the Conversations Inbox or Email while learning about our lead's plans and qualifying them for our sales process.

One of the most common types of question I get is if I can provide examples of our product or process, or provide a quote for stock designs. Because they are frequently asked questions, our company has gone and created documents and resources to better answer them (a picture's worth a thousand words after all). 

Here are some examples of Snippets with Documents I would use:

"Sure thing! Check this out: {Volstrukt Kits: What we can offer}. The first half of it lists our services and the second half has our most popular designs. If we can find a style you like there then we can start talking ballpark numbers"

And

"Also, if you haven't already, check out our {Modular Catalog}. There are a lot of designs in it that are ready-to-print, but at this point think of them more as inspiration for your personal plans. For example, check out the 3-d model of M019{Web Link}."

These are actual snippets I frequently find myself using, but Hubspot has no functionality to allow me to insert the actual documents within the snippet. (I inserted the links here for example purposes through some time/effort and copy/paste. In reality the links would be blank, and if copied like here all the Document tracking will be from wherever I copied link).

This is only a slight issue when writing an email: find the corresponding document though the Document Tool and fill in the blank. BUT when using the Inbox tool, I have to redirect leads/customers to their email to check the thing I just sent them, and most of the time they don't return.

The Idea:

The idea is to add the functionality to be able to include links to Sales Documents within the Snippets tool. This functionality is something already included in Templates, so it shouldn't be too difficult to add.

I understand when using the Template tool the Email Property is always known, making sending Documents easier, but with Snippets that's not always the case. The fix I see for that potential issue is using a system similar to when a Document gets shared: If the Email Property is not known then ask for an Email Address before allowing access.

I know a functionality like this would make my job a lot easier, and I hope others feel the same way.

20 Replies
brotelli
Participant

We should be able to link documents already loaded into Hubspot into snippets. Currently you can only link to external documents and you lose the tracking that is inherant with Hubspot dosuments. Additionally, you can only use snippets when setting appointments and if you want to routinely link a document to appointments it has to be uploaded somewhere other than Hubspot.

T4ylor

I've run into a similar situation and would love to see this functionality added to snippets as a quality of life update to match what's doable with templates. 

NCO
Top Contributor

Agreed!

lellis
Participant

This is a problem, ughhh

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community,

In an effort to be more transparent about our team's roadmap, I am updating this issue to 'Not Currently Planned' because this is not planned in our next quarter of work. I will continue to monitor this idea and update here if/when we review this issue for planning.

Best,

Glen

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community,

In an effort to be more transparent about our team's roadmap, I am updating this issue to 'Not Currently Planned' because this is not planned in our next quarter of work. I will continue to monitor this idea and update here if/when we review this issue for planning.

Best,

Glen

DanThomsen

Not have document links in snipperts is a big problem. Snippert are more granular inserts and that is where link to selected documents is relevant. 

I don't understand why snippets and template work different, they are the same function.

brotelli
Participant

You updated us in April that this was not planned for that quarter and "would monitor it," so the question is: Do we have ana update? I appreciate HubSpot trying to be more transparent but something like this really should be fixed and I can't imagine that it would be that much more coding to do it either. The code to insert documents already exists in templates and emails so you already know how to do it. It seems like this should be an easy fix to help those of us that want to use snippets but the functionality is limiting us.

gmorris

1000% agree. This seems like such a simple function that should be included 

DinDjarin
Participant

Yes this would be useful. Using snippets of text with related documents would be super useful, particularly if it has the same interface as Templates with preview.

it would provide much more flexibility in mixing and matching documents to clients than relying on templates. 

aubria

This is an absolute must! I run into this all of the time. 

jschroeffel
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Ran into a client that could use this feature right now.  Once again the sales documents tool has some great features, but ultimately is challenging to leverage in the real world.  

NReich

Hubspot - do you know when this will be added? What is the workaround? Is it to use the snippet and then add the document link? 

NCO
Top Contributor

@NReich unfortunately this is likely not too high on the development agenda.

The best workaround that we've come up with is to upload documents into HubSpot's file manager and then use that link within a snippet.

You lose the granular tracking data of what pages are being viewed and for how long but the snippet route makes the document available across hubspot (not just within the sales tool) and will still give you tracking data on email opens if enabled.

SOMeagher
Participant

HubSPot THis is a major issue with us too. Any plans to add this functionality? It seems like a no brainer. 

- ensures consistency with sales emails

- ensure teh correct docuemnts are attached

- saves an untold amount of time for the sales team who otherwise have to open the template, go find the docuemnt, create an individual link, insert it in their email temaplate and send. When we are asking our reps to achieve 50 connected calls/ day and to follow up with an email with the relevant brochure links, this equates to over an hour of unnecessary time/ day.

Thanks

SOMeagher
Participant

@NCO this doesn't work. We tried that. Files are designed to be embedded in an email template (verbatim from HubSPot support). If you createa link from the file menu the recipient gets a HubSpot error message telling them they don't have permission/ asking them to sign up for an account , or their mobile phone screen goes blank. Yes, they will find the brochure if they check their downloads folder - but only a small percentage of people know to do this .

Unless you have a work around for that too?

Thanks

NCO
Top Contributor

Hi @SOMeagher - have you confirmed that the file you are uploading to Hubspot's File Manager has its File URL visibility set to Public?

NCO_0-1645732692292.png

If Public is selected, you should be able to lick Copy URL and that link would be visible to anyone, regardless if they have a Hubspot account or not.

A simple way to test this out:

1) Add a file and make sure it is set to public visiblity

2) Copy the URL

3) Open up a private browser window/Incognito window and paste the link

You should have no problem accessing it.

Hope this helps - keep me posted!

Best,

Noam

JoshG
Participant

Please consider adding this functionality! This would make our team's lives so much easier. 

rh7
Contributor

Hi,

if this is not on your roadmap. How do you suggest to share documents in an efficient way without doing it again and again manually?

Thanks,

rh7

DPUpstart

Hello I also need this.

I want to embed a document link to a document uploaded to "documents" in Hubspot, and I want to see downloads and views from this. I want this embedded in a snippet which I sent out to 30 to 40 people.

This is basic marketing automation and bringing together to extreme powerful features. Why would you not want to do this?

Come on Hubspot....