HubSpot Ideas

Betty87

Display called phone number on call timeline event

As a member of the Sales Department, it would be great to see which number I just called in the call outcome. We use to search for the companies telephone numbers on the internet and it is very common to find several contacts, however, the majority does not even ring. So, it is important for us to see a history of which numbers we have already called in order to save the good one in the company information. Thanks a lot!

15 Replies
Wells

I agree. Bump

mzager
Contributor

Agreed with a slight variation. My teams like to use the Team Activity widget on the dashboard to see a history of who they've interacted with in a given timeframe (day, week, etc.). Unfortunately, the number of entries is limited in that widget, and there is no other place to view that type of historical data in HubSpot. An expanded, filter-able or search-able Team Activity timeline would be extremely useful. Right now my work around is a filtered view that shows all contacts by a Last Activity Date, but it still forces my teams to sort through manually to find the contacts they specifically engaged with.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

rentpingmike
Participant

I'd also like to see this. A lot of times I'll call the office number and then their cell number. It's impossible to tell which number(s) I've called them at when looking at the log.

Kanefire
Contributor

I have leads with multiple numbers. When attempting to get ahold of them, I may dial a couple of them and not know which ones I dialed because the calls record does not list the number. I have tried editing and hovering over every part, but seeminly unable to discover which number was actually called.

Please add the phone number dialed to the call record, thx.

taylorfriss
Top Contributor

As we scale our Sales department, it's scare that this is not an option. I'd love to pull a list of people who haven't been called in X days...for now we'll just enroll them in sequences and have tasks created 😞 It's pretty much impossible to track which contacts an SDR is calling with the current structure. 

adamS
Contributor

When making/Logging a call, hubspot only shows the contact name. For example, "you made a call to [CONTACT NAME]"  If a contact has multiple numbers, I would like to be able to see which number I called that is assocaited with the notes I took on the call. 

ngurney
Contributor

I would also like to see this! It would be super valuable. 

ghtogo

Yes. This is an issue for me as well. If a contact has multiple numbers, some I have not been able to connect with. Others I have been able to connect with the lead. When seeking to find the successful number, it does not show.

benriedlinger

Completely agree, this would be a great feature and very helpful, hopefuly not to difficult to add!

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

The number called now shows in the Details section of the card on the timeline!

MrBean
Top Contributor

Hey my team needs this too, kind of odd that you can't view which number was called on the activity card. (Mobile / Primary)

EGillaspy

The solution is best suited for people that have about 5-10 accounts. "Hover over" = not measurable. 

What most of your users need is the actual phone number dialed back to activity in a structured field so that tools like connectandsell, orum, salesfinity, outreach, salesloft or even your own dialer can not only send the call outcome back, but the number dialed.

In a world of spray and pray marketing, the phone is unbelievably powerful and successful right now, but only if you have the right numbers.

We use a process to automatically classify bad call outcomes like dial tree, failed, bad number, wrong number, and others into a report that feeds a Google Sheet that then can be re=researched by a virtual assistant, new number added, and fed back into Hubspot and the contact updated to "ready to dial"

Problem is...we don't know which number to update and every provider is providing multiple numbers these days for many reasons, so this won't change either and shouldn't.

Activity object --> Activity type = call --> activity field "actual number dialed" = your hover over data point, just stored in a different place.

Now your customers can use automations (your own) and others (like zapier) to get more value out of the calling side of Hubspot.

Until then, the calling experience only serves part of the market where sales reps have so few accounts, that hunting, pecking, and clicking (and yes hovering) is not a massive errosion of productivity.

Please reply back if you aren't doing some of the things I mentioned above, I love to share.

ArtyCele
Top Contributor

@hroberts @hubspot 

Hello! Could someone please explain to me how to display the phone numbers mentioned? I have hovered, clicked everything but the activity timeline report does not show the phone number.

I can create a report to display this but not from the analytics tools