HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Display Privacy Policy banner only on international website

It would be nice if we can have a control for display the privacy policy banner only on specific version of our website pages. 

The reason being is we are currently based in Japan and also have branches in Europe as well. 

Theferore, it would be nice if we can 1 account and populate the privacy policy banner only to the Euro version on our website. 

15 Kommentare
KeithMoehring
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

This is something we are also very interested in. Our new site will be the primary marketing tool for all efforts worldwide, and we'd like to control who sees this privacy warning based on country of origin. 

EazyStock
Mitglied

Since we have 5 different languages, we also need to be able to adjust the pop up for all our languages.

Also, it would be nice to move the pop-up to the buttom too and get more options to customize text and buttons such as "don't ask me again".

MarkdeLange
Stratege/Strategin | Partner

Indeed, it is important to show the cookie policy in a local language, just like the mail preference screen. 

Jaqueline
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

I have the same issue with the pages in Europe, where it should be displayed and the Chinese page where it should not be displayed even if the HubSpot tracking code is integrated in this page

ghovens
Mitglied

This is also something we need. Since we are using WordPress and other tools as well, we would like to integrate the cookie & tracking policy into a  single alert and opt-in/out mechanism.

christophk
Teilnehmer/-in

Same here. We need to be able to display the privacy policy banner text in diferent language versions.

rchertudi
Mitglied

Agree with previous comments.  Not only edit for language but also for website style.  Right now there is no way to target the elements in the notification and the style does not match our website (green button vs. red).  Bad UI in my opinion. 

avarney
Mitglied | Partner

I want to echo that this is a feature we would very much like to have.

We would like to filter how the cookie policy is displayed to users based on their country IP. For example, a visitor coming from Country A would be shown a cookie policy notification bar when they land on the site, but a visitor from Country B would not be shown the cookie policy notification bar. Given the data Hubspot already collects on country IP, this should be possible.

smcmillian
HubSpot-Produktteam

Wanted to echo this suggestion, a large quanity of traffic being bucketed non-specifically, even in georgraphic areas not constrained by the GDPR really constrains the functionality of our tracking analytics. 

emmah
Mitglied

It is essential that you figure out a way to only show this cookie policy to users in the EU. With the lack of information being gathered right now, the expense of HubSpot is going to be hard to justify. 

skywater
Teilnehmer/-in

I have a request at my organization for this as well. Really looking forward to this added functionality. I see it's possible with several wordpress plugins, but I'd like to keep our site plug-in light if possible.

AstroDNA
Mitglied

Displaying cookie and privacy policy banners based on country IP is a great idea. We very much support this idea. We at AstroDNA also need different behaviors in different markets / countries.
Thank you for making this feature possible in the near future.

annayama
Mitglied

We want to display a cookie policy on our US website to only the International users (based on their country IP). Let's make this possible!

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
TylerScionti
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all, Tyler here I am the product manager for the cookie banner team.

The original ask here, to display the cookie policy on specific pages, is currently delivered as we do support the ability to show a policy on a specific URL slug. That said, I am seeing adjacent requests (show the cookie policy by location, by language, etc) that I do find very interesting and will continue researching this as we build out our roadmap.

I am setting this as 'delivered' just based on the original thread, however the more recent questions are still going to be investigated by my team.

SastriKiranDev
Mitglied | Gold Partner

Displaying cookie based on country IP. 

Only show the cookies, when the ip matches "county" is California (USA), OR if "IP country" matches any of the countries in the European Union (EU). 

Currently, there is only option for selecting the URL.