HubSpot Ideas

JessicaSmith

Display Calculated Deal Property in Currency Format

I've created some custom deal properties which are calculations. I'd like the result of these calculations to be displayed in the currency format.

58 Replies
Caitline

Would definitly find this feature handy!

PaulSandquest
Participant

Same here, this would be very useful.

jjokinen
Contributor

Same here. Surprised this isn't possible yet, would be very useful.

SBillings

Yes we need this as well

markjnorman

Have a need for this and would love to see it implemented! 

mmurillo
Participant | Partner

UPvoted!!! please roll this out 🙏

Ty3141
Participant

Would also love this as a feature!

GEiselt
Contributor

+1 for this feature!

DBaldwin

Please enable this simple feature for us @hubspot 🙂 

If the calculation is (Currency) * (Unformatted Number) = (Result) then the Result should equal the currency with the symbol in the result.  Shouldn't it be pretty easy to implement?

JBudd

We are experiencing the exact same scenario, and need to be able to display the calculation from 2 currency fields as a currency as well! It's confusing to pull that field in a report and not see that it's a currency. Thank you for fixing as soon as possible :). 

KMavraki
Participant

Yep, me too, it seems a fairly sensible option that should be a simple fix?...

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes please!

It's not just the lack of formatting options in the CRM that's frustrating. When inserting calculated properties into templates in the design manager, they really don't play nice with HubL formatting filters either. HubL doesn't seem to recognize these values as numbers, so filters like rounding or formatting as currency breaks the value (either doesn't show, or does weird formatting to it).

MScroggin
Participant

I ran into this issue and was trying to see if there was a simple solution. One possible workaround is to create a number field, format it as a currency, and then write a workflow to copy your calculated field over to the number field. Obviously not a great long-term solution but just a thought if it's crucial for your use case!

Niallp7
Participant | Diamond Partner

Yes, I agree with this and I think this would be very helpful. It just makes custom reporting messy as well. I'm surprised there isn't a workaround for this yet, particularly when you are including a currency formatted property in the calculation.

RBragg
HubSpot Employee

This is crucial for users who are using calculated fields for currency and this feature would add a great deal of value. 

SBaltasar

Yes Please!!

bryceanelson
Participant

This should have been a feature right out of the gate with calculated properties. At a minimum, let us select which property from the calculation should pass down its formatting. Arbitrary formatting works, too.

Amelia_W

Absolutely critical! And you should be able to choose the currency as per your input Currency in your Account Settings.

CWignall

Hey me too and it would make sense to inherit the format of the underlying fields.  So if you have a calculated field based on two currency fields then the calculated field should appear as a currency field.

CateDuarte
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

This is critical when using the Deals information. Please consider implementing this!

@MScroggin I thought immediatly this, using a WF as a workaroung but this should be default.