HubSpot Ideas

JessicaSmith

Display Calculated Deal Property in Currency Format

I've created some custom deal properties which are calculations. I'd like the result of these calculations to be displayed in the currency format.

58 Replies
joverholt
Contributor

I have found myself in the same situation.  have calcuated some values and would like the reports and dashboards to display the values as a currency format.  I have not been able to figure a way to change the format of a calcuated property.  If anyone has found a work arround.  Please let us know.

Thank you

kylericketts

I am also experiencing the exact same scenario. I expected there to be a currency checkbox, just as there was for the number property type.

SpeedySprint
Participant

Hi, I am in exactly same postion as above. Having created a calculated field, there isn't a way flag to set this field as a currency. Thanks

cduffy
Participant | Elite Partner

Yes please!! The workaround we're using for this is to create the calculated property, then create a second Currency property, and create a workflow that simply copies the calculated property to the currency property.

SpeedySprint
Participant

That's great thanks

Manzer

Eleven11
Top Contributor

I have this issue as well. A simple fix would be if HS would add a currency format option just like the number field has. 

SpeedySprint
Participant

Hi, agreed that's the best fix. Hopefully we'll get this soon. Should be a simple implementation. 

luke-moagency
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Yes, please. Same problem. Can add the currency in the property name, but its not very clean.

JimWebb001

Same issue, it would be really helpful to have the ability to format the results of calculation fields in the same manner as number number fields. 

CharlesMcKay
Participant | Diamond Partner

Would also love this, currently pulling into purposes with 50000 vs $50,000 is very messy 

dave-ops

yes! currency and percent formats would be very helpful.

BenjaminSF

Yes!  I actually just contacted support with this very question.  

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Yes, an enterprise-level CRM requires the capability to display the output of a calculated property in currency format. If you multiply a currency property by a number, the result should be a currency format automatically.

In Deals, you also need to be able to accommodate which currency is used in the calculation. For a Deal in Euros, any Deal calculation properties on that Deal also need to shown in Euros. 

Not including currency formatting as standard will mean that data in filtered Views, Dashboards and Reports may mislead the user.
Saul-UK

Yep... this is my problem too

I would also llike HubSpot to allow us to use three letter Currency Descriptors, so as to avoid confusion between American and Canadian Collegaues, who both use "$" in order to describe USD and CAD

taylorw

Yes please provide all standard formatting for calculated properties. In fact, Hubspot should really build out calculated properties so they are closer to Salesforce calculated fields.

AndyPurple
Participant

Ditto, Having to work round other Hubspot limitations (no currency conversion at deal item level, only being able to convert to a single company amount in reports) and then ending up with a poor display output is a real challenge

ClemOaky
Participant

@AndyPurple Completely agree with you. 

I'm currently having troubles working around the limitation you mentioned: "No currency conversion at deal item level"-  How did you manage to work around that one? 

SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner

The formatting option would definitely be useful on calculated fields! Until that's available as standard, I was thinking it should be possible to tweak the property to display currency (for example) using the API and a Postman tool patch operation. Unfortunately, I've haven't been able to tweak this successfully in my experiments so far. I get a 200 OK response, but no update to the setting seems to occur.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 7.59.18 AM.png

WWilson

Currently running into this need as well. A calculated rollup field that sums currency fields should automatically be currency. At least give us the ability to manipulate through the API.

tassaly

Yes, yes and yes. 

Currently, I cannot display my deal metrics (which is a sale amount multiplied by our commission rate) in currency format.

This makes our reporting awkward