HubSpot Ideas

Mayayo

Disable default closed date on deal/company/contact level

Disable the automatic field for closed date on deal level and disable any automatic field aside from create date on all contact, company and deal level.

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Delivered
April 14, 2022 05:23 AM

Hey HubSpot Community,

Some exciting news. We shipped close date configuration for deals. You can now configure the default close date for newly created deals. Select the end of a period (for example, the end of next month), time from deal creation (for example, 60 days from deal creation), or no default close date to better manage your deals and forecast.

In Deal Settings (Settings -> Object -> Deals -> Setup tab), admins can select the default close date to apply when creating a deal. There are three options that the customer can choose for their close date:

• End of a period--for example, end of current month or end of next month
  • Custom rolling date--for example, weeks from deal creation.
  • No default close date (by unselecting the setting)

Thank you all for your brilliant input and your patience. HubSpot CRM is a better tool because of your feedback.

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
December 01, 2020 05:30 PM

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback. It helps us build a great product. We understand that the behavior can be missed, unexpected, and/or unwanted. While the team is still discussing if we should disable the behavior, we agree that a necessary first should be to notify users that this behavior occurs. 

60件のコメント
ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
ybaptiste
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback. It helps us build a great product. We understand that the behavior can be missed, unexpected, and/or unwanted. While the team is still discussing if we should disable the behavior, we agree that a necessary first should be to notify users that this behavior occurs. 

LBristow
メンバー

Agree - please update! 

mariemarcus
参加者

Please update - this is resulting in a lot of wrongful data in our database and extra work for our sales reps!

JonathanElkin
投稿者

+1, creating an unnecessary extra step for the reps and resulting in accurate reporting data 

PLepretre
メンバー

Agreed please update

AMorgan03
メンバー

+1 Agreed, our sales are long term quotes sales process, and having an accidental quote having a close date throws us out by $$$$ thousands on reporting.

BGrech
メンバー

The "Close Date" logic definitely needs an update. No need for this take an automatically assigned value, unless it moves to Closed Lost / Won. We would like to be able to create logic to automatically update the estimated Close Date based on where the deal is in the pipeline. 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team! Commenting for a customer here

Wondering if there's any update to this?

Even if we can't manually set what the default close date should be (e.g. 60 days from now/ 90 days from now), I feel that the default behaviour should be close date being left as empty.

Thanks!

ElliotOneT
メンバー

It is very condensending to see no progess on this 4 years since first posted. Kind of customer neglect.

DaneD
メンバー

Agreed! Please update this feature. We do not want our deals to have close dates automatically generated for them. Since our interactions can take 60 days to close, the close date being automatically assigned to the end of the month when a deal is created is very inconvenient.

Conzo427
投稿者

I nearly fired someone for this!  When they changed the deal status to "Cancelled" it changed the Deal Close date to today's date, which is messing with our reporting.  The deal property history said that the close date was changed manually by an employee. When I confronted them with this, they insisted that they never touched the close date, but they would be mindful of it in the future. Assuming the issue was resolved I didn't double check and sales people were paid thousands more than they should have for cancelled accounts.  I had to retract those commissions paid, which upset the sales team. Then I had words with the person who was responsible for marking the accounts as cancelled and expressed how much it screws things up when they change the close date to the same date as the date they mark it as cancelled. I explained that Hubspot clearly says that they changed the date manually and that this sort of dishonesty isn't tolerated in our organization and asked them to own up to their mistake.

Come to find out they didn't do anything wrong at all.  Can this please be changed ASAP??

Bmacuser
参加者

Every time i create a deal its an extra step to change the field to "blank" Who designed something which is closed at the same time creating it? Since 9 month no update on this???

The most important thing is having clean data.  as a single person company you can manage it but hubspot is designed for bigger teams. Who is responsible for messy data quality?

Please consider this asap to at least have it empty. For me, it gets a close date once the deal is done...

MatthieuDumont
参加者

Hello, is there any updates ? I see that the idea is being reviewed since 2020... 

If you need a use case for this please reach out

JoeDavies
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner

For the most part I think this is a good feature, and it should be in place.

It's super helpful for velocity reporting when reps forget to update a close date to today's date.

It's interesting though, that it only does this for Deals with a close date in the past, but not if the date is in the future.

That being said, for one of my clients it's actually a nuisance as in their case the close date shouldn't be the date it moves into closed.

I think an option in the Deal Settings to chose whether it's automatic or not, on a Portal by Portal basis would be the best approach!

AMorgan03
メンバー

@JoeDavies 
I think what people want is the option to have it default blank when creating a deal.. not to always leave blank.
currenlty creating a new deal created a close date 1 month from today.

by default it already highlights todays date when you click it. what everyone wants its not needing to click it UNTIL deal is closed
to your line in regards to "It's super helpful for velocity reporting when reps forget to update a close date to today's date."
Can't you set automation that when a deal moves to a particular stage it prompts for a close date what is how we have ours set up.

we have 3 different departments who all sell on very different timelines
One Department sales are won/lost within a week or so
Another departments sales are won/lost over 2-4 months due to pre-developement or tender stages.

A deal should only be closed the date it is moved to a pre-determined "Closed Won or Closed Lost" stage in the Deals pipeline. (this is our process)

But we are concidering moving deals that are Closed Won to a new pipeline using Automation then to be giving "Post Sale Pipeline" which includes manufacturing, shipment & invoicing stages. this will give us the opportunity for most members of our team to be involved in hubspot and all be able to see the stage and progress in one place without having to move between different ERP & production management software.

Everything in the Post sales pipeline is still 100% won its just the deal is not "closed" as we would like to close a deal one invoice sent/paid.

Osnovyanenko
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

This feature should have been optional from the beginning. The issue with this feature is that "close date" shows up in all deals, regardless of whether they were closed or not. It also messes up reports for closed deals in a certain period. The report may show there are 50 closed deals based on the close date alone. This creates an unnecessary complication where you need to specify deal stages AND the date.

ALCarpenter
メンバー

We need this field to not auto populate to have more accurate forecasting.  We need the sellers to be forced to select a date rather than it populte the last date of the month so that we can more accurately forecast when a particular deal is set to close.  Seems like this should be an easy check box of yes/no autopopulate. 

SOMeagher
参加者

Agree to this idea. We have two quite different Pipelines. In one pipeline, the close date is 18-24 months out.

In the other, the cycle is 4-12 weeks depednign on the Persona. We're still monitoring the purchase cycle here. Being able to set our own Estimated or Target close date is way more useful, with the close date being reserved as a date stamp when the deal is actually Closed Lost or Closed Won.

Closed Date is confusing for our team, and takes up space that could be used for a more relevant property.

Suse

GailFindlay
参加者

Can't believe I'm adding to a 6 year old thread, but it would be great to have the choice if the deal is automated or not. I can see how it's useful, but it's also a hinderance (not just annoyance) for those who forget to clear it when we dont want it automated. Wrecking reports and causing us to go back and manually run our Close data. 

Please and thanks.

ステータスに更新: Delivered
ybaptiste
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hey HubSpot Community,

Some exciting news. We shipped close date configuration for deals. You can now configure the default close date for newly created deals. Select the end of a period (for example, the end of next month), time from deal creation (for example, 60 days from deal creation), or no default close date to better manage your deals and forecast.

In Deal Settings (Settings -> Object -> Deals -> Setup tab), admins can select the default close date to apply when creating a deal. There are three options that the customer can choose for their close date:

• End of a period--for example, end of current month or end of next month
  • Custom rolling date--for example, weeks from deal creation.
  • No default close date (by unselecting the setting)

Thank you all for your brilliant input and your patience. HubSpot CRM is a better tool because of your feedback.