HubSpot Ideas

Mayayo

Disable default closed date on deal/company/contact level

Disable the automatic field for closed date on deal level and disable any automatic field aside from create date on all contact, company and deal level.

60 Commentaires
SusanHurrell
Membre

Absolutely agree with this comment but also think that create date should be able to be edited.  The ability to customize both create and close dates across all three major sections makes the information more accurate when it comes to analyzing the data.  

lguelcher
Participant

Completely agree. It is really a pain to have to go in and delete it/change it on new deals. In my opinion, there should be a field for Estimated Close Date, then when the deal is closed won/lost, the Close Date field should auto-populate, but also be editable.

ODWJohn
Membre

Customized close date and create date would be SO HELPFUL!  We have a 6 month sales cycle and having to edit the close date for every deal is an added step.

Agree with editing the create date as well. Would love to see these changes

Josh_InstaViser
Membre

Agreed, we're on a 6mo sales cycle as well.

yaekyumlee
Membre

Agreed, this feature needs an update...

Jesse
Participant

I gotta lend my voice to the need for this feature. It also just doesn't make sense regardless of how long someone's average sale cycle is: if a deal is ceated on the first of the month, it defaults to a 30-31 day expected close day. But is you create a deal on the 28th, it assigns a close daye 2-3 days from the creation date. Being able to set up an automatic close date which is 3-6 months out would be a lot more helpful. 

samuelkingsport
Membre

I agree this doesn't work with our sales cycle and just takes up space.

adamrevfurn
Participant

For our model the date the deal is closed can be very fluid for months.  There is really no value in projecting a close date.  It would be nice if this date could be default blank until we proclaim the deal closed.

nic
Membre

Totally agree - all sales cycles are different, so are close dates are different! Please build this out!

richardhh
Participant

Agree as well! Customly set or non at all

percy
Participant

Agree!

agambina
Contributeur

Fix to this "default completion" feature would truly be appreciated. It is strange to deliver a procedure with a step to "remove the Close Date." Why in the world would this be set to auto-complete?

Gozde
Participant

Agree!

Jameel
Participant

Seriously HubSpot - get your act together

2 years of ignoring this super simple fix

Just because an idea doesnt trend on your blog does not mean that it isn't useful or that countless other users haven't thought about it- yes we can manually clear fields - what you have here is a suggestion for a feature that can save a lot of time and help to standardize data across larger teams

What's more is that you could easily implement this in a few days; just add it to the settings of deals 

COME ON AND DO THESE SIMPLE FIXES THAT WILL MAKE YOUR PRODUCT BETTER and make us less likely to switch to a competitor.

santygomez
Participant

better if we can set the close date and other properties by our selves on each pipeline

jarrodmilf
Membre

Agrred, this is an easy fix @hubspot please fix ASAP

schilds
Participant

It is very discouraging to see how long this has been an issuer for users and the default has not been changed. Can we please get some kind of update on this?

KJK398
Participant

Automatically populating a close date is creating problems for me.  Please create a config choice to set a default cycle time to define the close date or elect to not populate the field.  

This may not be getting their attention because it is categorized as Sales Reporting.  I creating an "Deal" idea - "I want to be able to change the default lenght of time to populate the close date by default or choose not to automatically populate the field."  

Upvote me over there.

alexluong1
Participant

Agreed!!!

We would just need a toggle for turning "automatic updating close date" off.

deconseil
Membre

i advice that you could add a fonction, "formule"->"deal" as the other CRM product like pipedrive..