HubSpot Ideas

jehiguese

Disable automatic contact creation for Conversations

HubSpot auto creates a contact for anyone that emails in - or is cc'd into a reply in conversations. For some customers who manage through support, this will mean a large number of contacts can enter the database. The only way to prevent this at the moment is by setting filtering rules, as all filtered emails do not create contacts. There is a use case from a customer in this post [Hyperlink removed by moderator as it linked to an archived Community post with duplicate information]

This is a request to build a "Create contact" rule giving us the option to disable automtically creating contacts for people we communicate with in Conversations.

324 Comentários
Hyumi
Membro

This thread is going on for 2 years, is there any update available on this, using a crm should simplify and save us time. But now I am wasting several hours each week in deleting spammy contacts. 

hubby101
Participante

Same here. They seem not to care about this issue.

Every single flipping email creates a contact......

Come on hubspot people, you can do much better!

krs360
Participante

I get so many notifications about this thread its actually a joke that this isn't fixed yet. Anyone would think that there might be some monetary gain from not implementing such a basic feature.

Oh wait.

Nevermind.

Millerd
Membro

Has you even bothered to read this thread ? Funny how people are so quick to complain 

krs360
Participante

Quick to complain?

I contributed earlier in the thread so if you had bothered to read it you'd have seen that but then you couldn't even be bothered to proof read your own post so... yeah. 🤣

Your opinion doesn't change the fact that it's a very real problem that's been around for a long time..

Cheers now.

louquay
Membro

Hi all,

This is an issue that my company is facing now as well. Every time we receive an email we are automatically having the contact added to the database, even if its spam. Our team is small and our database is small to reflect it so, while this system exists the way it does, we are prone to excess charges for a larger database than we currently require.

Would really appreciate a quick fix to this, although I can see it's been an issue for 4 years for some.

Thank you!

Luke.

Hatchman
Participante

I'm just another customer but the Hubspot conference was last week where they announced a new licensing model.  It appears to address this by allowing the ability to designated contacts as marketing contacts which are what count against your licensed amount.   https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-contacts

CapitalCulture
Membro

We are faced with the same issue - trying to use Hubspot to enable our business but  finding it too complex to adminsitrate through this one seemingly simple fix.  We are losing contacts and struggling to create meaningful distribution lists as the Contacts database is overwhelmed with New Contacts that our meaningless as they are generated by spam or general business communications.  I don't want to tell my electricity company about the amazing new art one of our artists has created.  We just want to actively create new customers when they are deemed to be worthwhile to market to and turn off the automation - why is this so hard?

janhein
Membro | Parceiro Elite

When do we get an time estimate on implementation of this functionality?⚠️

teniosgmbh
Membro

Dear Hubspot team,

since 2018 we are asking you to fix the problem with automatic contact creation.

The request was startet Aug 27, 2018.

Especially the service module cannot used due to this "unintelligible" feature which creates new contacts for each mail, does not matter if you send or receive mails. 
Have you ever thought about GDPR regulations which cause problems on customer side. 

There are also hundreds of requirements from the HS community to find a suitable solution to avoid automatic contact creation. 
Since more than 2 years HS ignores these requirements. 

I would recommend to read this blog: https://blog.hubspot.com/service/customer-focus - it is from hubspot.

Regards

Umit

timothy2
Participante

I also really need this.  But this idea has less than 200 votes.  There are more than 70 ideas that have a number of votes.  In addition, the more contacts the more they can charge.  I am not sure if Hubspot will fix it any time soon, if at all.

BSmith3
Membro

We suddenly had a lot of Customer service inbound inquiries which doubled our contacts in our database - because of this feature. We'll never want to contact them again. It would be very helpful for us to toggle off chat contacts.

ROrkney
Membro

Shocked by the time it has taken the development team to get their heads out and write a few lines of code. This is not a complex feature and would take a minimal amount of time to implement. The array of comments incinuating financial gain from the absence of the feature has only been addressed once by Hubspot and I find it suspicious that if there is no substantial reason for the delay in development provided. If anyone from the developing team sees this, please inform up the chain of command that this is not on parr with what is "expected" from your company - if no amendments are made, and no reasoning provided, your numbers will be worse off than if you were to have added this insignificant feature.

busdav
Participante

This definitely needs to be fixed. This is a value drain if users have to go delete these comments and clean up the data base manually. 

timothy-h
Membro

Commenting on this thread as I'd also like the option to not have messages in my conversations inbox automatically create new contacts and companies. 

I use the conversation inbox to centralise incoming general enquiries. It allows our admin team to manage contact forms, generic 'contact@' emails, Facebook Messenger, and chatbot enquiries all in the one place. For that purpose, it's very useful. 

However, a significant portion of those enquiries are either spam or cold calls. I don't need to record these contacts in the CRM, just mark them as spam and move on. 

Webalia
Membro

Hello, 
Thanks to @jehiguese  and to everyone for this idea. 
We are waiting this solution 🙂 

Best regards, 
Webalia, web agency 

AGreig
Participante

The fact this basic feature hasnt been resolved after years means its function is to build more contact. There are a number of basic features missing in Hubspot like Google native integration that makes it a poor Sales CRM. Its not our job as users to upvote and do your job. 

IanRogers
Participante

Has this been fixed yet?  I just joined Hubspot and noticed this shortcoming within the first 3 days of using the CRM. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/So-Much-Spam/m-p/399623#M124353

bogdantufeanu
Membro

The new functionality will probably be implemented when all Hubspot customers switch to the new licensing system with contact marketing and non-marketing contact. Until then, lists, filters, workflows and everything you can guys🙂

I think they have enough upvotes to realize it's an annoying problem

larissam
Membro

I need, please! Please resolve this problem.