HubSpot Ideas

daveconvery

Disable Click Tracking On a Per-Email Basis

It would be really useful to turn off click tracking in emails, particularly automated emails, in the marketing component. We get a lot of complaints about the appearance of links in emails like password resets, invoices, etc., with customers often contacting our support to verify if an email is real before clicking on it. As we don't need tracking on the emails, the ability to display a simple URL would be useful.

44 Replies
kevinbflanagan

I agree.  I think it should be possible to turn off link tracking in Marketing Starter.  This would be universally or on an individual link basis.  For one, the long unique URLs probably trigger spam filters.  Second, in a highly regulated industry the recipients are trained to be extra-wary of malicious emails.  They'll hover over the link and see how spammy it looks, deterring them from a click-through.  Both open rate and click rate are affected by link tracking.

Simply inserting a regular, non-tracking link into a marketing email should not be an exclusive feature.

shawn2nd

+1

olavers

+1

We'd like to generate custom links for clients, based on a personality token, so it would be great to not include HubSpot's click tracking params on the hyperlink

Dan_z
Participant

YES! We absolutely need this! 

We're currently trying to get universal links to function our iOS app and Hubspot's link wrapping breaks this. 

Essentially, everyone who clicks one of our emails on an iphone is sent to our mobile website, instead of automatically opening our mobile app. 

noamkahn
HubSpot Employee

this is very important! 

BobBalm1
Contributor

Agree

My use case: I'd simply like to not track specific links so they don't appear in the email report. That way, my stats like CTR actually reflect what I want to know about the email, rather than having to do a lot of manual math afterward because some folks clicked on links like our privacy statement etc.

ElkeK

YES, we need this too! 

brendanyong
Participant

+1 

Ability to disable some hyperlnks from tracking

Say i want to send someone a link to reference to but i don't want to track his click on that link 

hannuCR
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yes, this is definitely a needed feature!

SeaverSOA

As said before, this is a needed feature for Sales and Marketing, especially with tech-savvy users who check out links before they click. 

quint
Participant

+1

garinhess
Participant

We need this!!

jakespirek
Participant

yes please. It's breaking our forms.

wijnand

Please make it optional to track email clicks. Links starting with https://t.sidekickopen09.com/.... look very suspicious and unprofessional and I mostly care about recipients opening the email and much less about them clicking on any links.

I know the current workaround would be to write out the full link, but that also doesn't look very professional.

The real solution would be super-simple, instead of having just 'track' as an option, please split this up in 'track opens' and 'track clicks'. In that case, I would only select 'track opens' and all my hyperlinks would stay clean.

track-opens-hubspot.png

Grey
Participant

Please also create special tags to disable tracking in design templates for specific links; leaving the link unchanged and as coded.

BTruchot

+ 1 

DRattlidge

Find this frustrating and treated as spam by clients.  I've also been told it looks unprofesional.

coleycoley
Participant

Seconding this.  We were trying to link to a specific page in our intranet and the UTM tracking code was causing issues.  We ended up having to make a document with instructions on how to get to that page instead of linking to it directly.  Not ideal.  Hope that choosing to remove the tracking becomes an option soon.

DLou

+1

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Contributed to this idea before, but have another use case: Hubspot's conversion of a link messes up specific parameters in the original link that are needed to make the platform that is linked to actually function.

Ideally I'd have the option to disable link tracking on a per link basis. Per email basis would also be acceptable.