HubSpot Ideas

GDunn

Disable Automatic Unenrollment in Sequences

I frequently put together resources that I want to send out and make sure that our clients receive it. I also use sequences to send emails to our team internally so that I can track opens & engagement within the team. 

I think it would be helpful to be able to turn off the 'automatic unenrollment' once someone replies, because I'd still like the contact to receive all subsequent communications. 

44 Replies
MCindrich5

Yes please! Is there a workaround this? We need it as soon as possible. I'm looking for a way to build an ongoing scheduled cadence of communication with tasks associated but i don't want to unenroll anoyone. 

ABrewer

I 100% agree with this. It would be extremely helpful. HubSpot, please please please consider this! 

LSeymour
Participant

Would be a very helpful feature 

OLucas0

This would be very helpful.  I have experienced this, and have been previously unaware when contacts had been unenrolled for a sequence.  

BCecil

Yes! Please allow us to disable automatic unenrollment!  We use this to automatically trigger emails task to keep our customers informed of lead times on backorders.  It might not be exactly what it's designed for but with backorders taking over 24 weeks we need the help.  When the customers reply "thanks for the update" they automatically unenroll.  If you have a better way of doing this, I am all ears. 

Racecheck
Participant

I 100% agree that having the option to disable automatic unenrollment in sequences would be a really useful feature, I.e. for certain educational or onboarding sequences.

AnythingPrintca
Contributor

I 100% agree.  This would be an excellent feature!

AMalko

Totally agree, we need this feature.

LChristian
Participant

Yes!  Please allow HubSpot clients to toggle the enrollment triggers on and off.  Let us decide that those triggers should be connected to audiance and communiation intention!  

ÁCourtney
Participant

This would be a really useful feature! 

AMulready
Contributor

Needed for basic email automation 

sidneykeith

We also need this. The toggle switches are there, but they wont let us turn them off.

ElaineSN
HubSpot Employee

+1

DanielJeal
Participant

I 100% agree, for a fixed sequence that requires some other condition to be met, it renders the sequence useless.

mroberts

This is definitely a need for us. We want to use Sequences when we beta-test new features and ask for user feedback. However, because we ask users to reply, it unenrolls them, rendering the rest of our sequence useless. The toggle switches are there. We should be able to manage them ourselves, depending on the purpose of each sequence. Just hand over the power! Lol! 😁

MMagarrell

I strongly agree with being able to turn them off, and I believe you used to be able to, so this should be a quick fix. I do not need to be babysat by my CRM on whether a client/prospect can get another automated email. Our name is on the email, not HubSpot. I can't even understand why you would make this mandatory. Where is your exposure?

An example: we have a product testing sequence that promotes proper use and exploration during their trial, and asks for feedback. If we have to send each one manually, it adds a lot of manual effort (six touchpoints), as we have many of these going at any given time. If the testing company returns requested feedback, they get knocked out, if they ask a question, they get knocked out, if they just say thanks for the reminder, they get knocked out. Your mandatory auto-unenroll makes a cool tool and time-saving element, worthless in these type of circumstances.

Please fix this ASAP.

KPham

yes... why are the toggle switches even there if we can turn them off?

Very frustrating. I was hoping to send a sequence of emails to remind notify my clients on the status of their delivery order, and currently whenever my clients reply, they get kicked out of the sequence which is not at all what I want. I need the client to go through the whole sequence in order to ensure the receive the package. 

I was initially hoping to complete this via workflows, but even there, there is a limitation imposed by hubspot. I since then switched my aproach to have this completed via sequences, but here we go again. Another imposed limitation. 

I finding one problem after another. Hope @hubspot gets around to fixing this. Won't be holding my breath though, judging from the progress on other issues the community has brought up. 

🤷‍♂️

TPaduraru

Without this feature, sequences are almost useless to us...

PlaneJayne

Yep, need this urgently.

SLamb

It's basic for user engagement. Could HS feedback on whether this is a consideration as people stated raising this a year or so ago?