Deleting submissions from the forms

epodlewska

I want to suggest a new feature to the Hubspot forms that could enable deleting "unwanted" submissions from the record. By "unwanted", I mean the test submissions made by the team members. 

In my case, before we launched the promotion of the form, we did some internal tests and made test submissions by members of our team (to make sure everything is working correctly). I'd like to have an option to delete those submissions to have a real conversion rate that excludes our team's submissions. When I don't have this option, the conversion rate I see is not relevant, so it's hard to draw any conclusions. 

I think it would be helpful to add the option "delete submission" (of course, for the specific level of permission, not for everyone with access). I believe that plenty of marketers could benefit from this feature and would like to test out their forms before making them live (without compromising the relevancy of the conversion rates).  

14 Replies
mmarkey

I think the abiity to delete form submissions (especially test submissions) is a brilliant idea and would help for various reporting/analytics purposes 

JBrickner

We have a client that "mistakenly" submitted a legal problem as a response to one of our blogs. He called the next day and asked that the information he shared on the blog was private and that he wanted us to delete it. While I know the information he shared is not public, I'd still like to be able to honor his request and delete the submitted information.

SKerley

We are currently setting up an integration with an event registration system. To do this, we've had to test the form first and then the integration. Now the registration system is full of test registrations that we can't delete because everything keeps syncing.

Very supportive of having a way to delete test submissions. It also skews the analytics when we report conversion performance to content owners. 

Tejinder

I agree, we have been testing forms on our new website and being unable to delete them is going to make reporting far more manual.

MarTay21

Agree, the form tests are skewing our data. This really needs to be addressed.

marketingdude

Agree with all of the above. This feature needs to be prioritized. 

IDonaldson

This is such a necessary feature. Why it is not one already is beyond me. If my boss hadn't instisted on me using Hubspot, this alone would be reason enough to jump ship to a better CRM.

franknew

yes, please!

ALopez2

Yes, please, or at least allow to put a filter to exclude some emails used for test.
Actually, no one is launching a new form without testing it. So it's impossible to have a reliable report related to forms. 

RTeuchler
Participant

This would be very useful, we've had the exact same problem. Has anyone from HubSpot addressed if this is in their pipeline?

CBlacker

Please can you implement this? So frustrating that we can't delete test submissions 

aottho
Participant

The main thread for this is here. Be warned, its a bit depressing https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Delete-form-submissions/idi-p/27868

TMorgan1

Suggestion might be you can archive test submission which would exclude them from analytics but maintain security and privacy compliance.  We tried to mitigate by filtering internal users IP addresses but this does not always work depending on where users are, especially as more users are working at multiple locations with COVID.

• Add ability to archive a submission
  • Exclude archived submissions from anayltics
  • Exclude from submission view
  • Add archieved submission view where applicable
BetsyW
Participant

Great idea!