HubSpot Ideas

nbatta_coquette

Deleting deals

Hi,

This is with regards to HubSpot sales CRM. Imagine what would happen if sales people start deleting deals when they can't convert? After all, who wants to close deals as lost? Who wants to accept the loss, especially sales people? 

The goal of having deal pipeline is to forecast revenue. However, if reps start deleting deals, how would the management hold them responsible? The management won't even know which deals got deleted and why. Further, imagine if reps start pushing close date every time when deals come due. How would the management know about it (in the absence of time stamp)? Therefore, the whole purpose of forecasting is getting defeated with HubSpot CRM. Reps can easily befool the management. 

I come from a company where we used Salesforce. The software has a feature to lock the delete button for the reps. It further has time stamp feature, which is really important to hold reps accountable to bringing business in timely manner. I do not have screenshots from Salesforce, but am sure your team can very well verify what I just wrote.

I understand sales CRM is not your core focus, but I still look forward to these features as your competitor could be using it against you. Rather, even we won't remain on the platform for long if the feature is not made available. 

20 Replies
klooms

Completely agree with the above - any development planned for this?

nbatta_coquette
Participant

I haven't heard anything from HubSpot on this.

PBones

I think a permission setting for certain users not to be able to delete deals should be straightforward as similar permissions already exist in the system.  Would be really helpful and avoid a lot of sales re-analysis!

klooms

I agree - we're really exposed at the moment to sales people manually manipulating their pipelines!! Reporting and forecasting nightmare

slucas
Contributor

Agree - and there are several other functions we should be able to limit to specific permissions, or at least as an admin have visibility into.

Templates and sequences: many reps accidentally (or intentionally) create variants of core messaging that then skews our ability to measure the effectiveness of select templates and sequences.  Additionally, if they save those as private, we have no insight into whether their messaging is on point or even accurate.  

Dashboards: accurately applying filters -- especially date-specific -- can be tricky.  With no ability to see private dashboards, managers or reps may unintentionally misreport numbers.

Views: Reps can get crazy with this, and there's SO much clutter.  And while I don't believe it's a problem in our organization, what's to stop a rep from creating a private contact view of another rep's contacts to graze?  Or - the challenge we encounter - simply not applying filters accurately, thereby targeting the wrong leads or customers?

KateElizabeth
Contributor

same with contacts & companies. I can just see a ticked off sales guy leaving and sittering there and deleting all his contacts. There needs to definitely be more restrictions on deleting!

natan

We would definitely want this too. Annoying that it doesnt exist.

davidrevis
Contributor

Completely agree and it doesn't even seem possible to see who deleted a deal when someone does do it.

SOE

Please add as soon as possible to the right roles system.

Thanks

stuartnarria
Participant

We have a very similar case. It would be ideal if the platform allowed business and contacts to be eliminated. Similarly restrict access to not eliminate business.

ABie
Participant

This is critical 

spacheco
Participant

Agree.  this feature would be extremely helpful.

eternevaadmin

how can you scale a sales team without this function?

Ed2

The comments raised are very important. The key to the CRM is to review interactions and measure the sales pipeline. In particular sales people's performance based on deals created and those that are won or lost. If users are able to delete deals the management of process is impossible. I would highly recommend that Deal deleting is a function that can be locked down. We need the ability for the deal owner to create, edit, and modify a deal content but not delete it. 

mark112

Completely agree. I have no idea why there isn't an easy workaround for this. Also I want to know how many of these messages need to be posted in the hubspot forum before hubspot actually do something about it? Clearly this affects every manager of every sales team and they are the people who make the decisions about which CRM solution to use.

TorbenHansen

Very annoying

LukasB

Yes please, this is becoming a really big liability! Is there any development on this?

benesch_e
Contributor

One of my sales team left, and deleted all the sequences and templates she created. While not a world ending problem it would have been nice to be able to review what she had done to see if we could be applied else where, allow the new sales rep to review what had been done and who had been contacted, ect.

It is important to be able to controll what users can or cannot delete, or if they delete something send it to an administrator for review before permently deleting.

ADuPhene
Contributor | Gold Partner

I would love for there to be a way to delete a deal that has been created in error. I know there is the ability to merge, but we have random deals in our pipeline that don't belong there. Our solve for it now is to drag it over to closed-lost but it just messes up the whole pipeline view.

I do agree with others that this capability should be locked down so it is not abused, but it should still be available in some capacity.

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, I'm curious--have you considered setting the CRM permissions to prevent users from deleting objects? 

For example, if you want to prevent a user from deleting any Deal records, you can set their CRM permissions for the Deal object to "none." This can be done by CRM object type and for an individual or a group of users.

Here's a Knowledge Base article with more details.