HubSpot Ideas

PamelaSoh

Delete or recall a chat message or a user comment in conversations inbox

Currently, it's not possible to delete a user comment or recall a chat message if it has been sent out. It'd be really great if we can delete a user comment that has been added to the wrong conversation so as to avoid confusion or to have the ability to recall a wrongly sent chat message (just like how Whatsapp allows for a recall of message). 

Thanks!

17 Comentarios
Barrykerro
Miembro

Yes i agree , and the ability to comment with a colleugue within the app on the fly 

Binisil
Miembro

Yes this development would be super useful. At least to have somekind of wait time for the message. For example possibility to delete the message within 15 seconds of sending it. 

OttoMFP
Miembro

I agree with this. I've got emails in the Conversations Inbox with 4-5 Notes in a row with text like "sjfkj, dfjksljf, hflshf" and "huh?! cannot delete+!??!?!" etc.. it just looks messy.

mirantshah
Miembro

Currently, it's not possible to delete a user comment if it has been sent out. It'd be really great if we can delete a user comment that has been added to the wrong conversation so as to avoid issues.Also, you do not have the feature to add a comment/internal note through the mobile app, it would be great to have that as well. This is a very important feature to us.

Lorenglish
Miembro

This is a no-brainer. Comments are often added to the wrong conversation when there are a bunch of them in the queue. Yikes. We need to be able to delete them as needed. Or at least let an admin delete them. 

Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
vvadlamani
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi everyone,

I’m Vijay, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Conversations Inbox tool. Thank you for taking the time to submit and upvote this idea. At this time there are no plans to work on this Idea as we are focused on building out the core functionality for Inbox.  This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

jordan_bolt
Miembro

I would like to be able to edit the comments made in the conversations inbox. I don't like that if I hit the enter key it automatically posts my comment. For example, I was creating a bullet point list and hit enter to go to the next line, but it submitted my comment instead. So I had to create a second comment completing the full list since I could edit or delete the previous comment

dougfairbro
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

I think this is a must-have option for the inbox feature and I'm quite surprised it's not available already.

There are times where a mistake may be made in a response, or perhaps you're logged into a different HubSpot account than you first thought and respond on the wrong account. It's also a great way of keeping the records clean and tidy.

Comments can easily be added to the wrong conversations, especially when there is a number going on at once. This can come across as unprofessional, although it's an easy mistake to make.

HubSpot please consider this functionality in your next update.

RootsNK
Miembro

Also to recall an email message when you realize it went to the forwarder, not the person you intended. 🙄

gustavoorosco
Miembro

Hey guys

I think it is very important and basic for a chat platform.

I'd love if it to be developed

Pau_Rivero
Miembro

Hi! 

My team and I truly believe this is a must-have feature. Intercom allowed us to delete a message that was sent by mistake, which occurs very frequently. As humans and handling several chats per day (more than 200 per agent sometimes), it's normal to commit this mistake and it's a pity this is a missing feature. 

We strongly upvote for this development. 

1stClaas
Colaborador

Upvoting this idea. Hubspot Product team should not repost the same "not planned" message but take action. It is obvious everyone wants that!

honestlygood
Miembro

Yup likewise upvoting this idea, definitely need to recall emails and chats through conversation inbox regularly 

VC3
Miembro

This feature would be ideal, possibility to delete a chat reply, or even edit it. Crisp has this feature and it helps a lot, especially when making a mistake or accidentally sending wrong or confidential information to a customer.

aypLeticialoh
Miembro

I think it is very important and basic for any communication platform to have recall function, especially for business used. it is commonly included in most email platform.

leslie_utley
Miembro

This is an important feature for Support Teams! Please consider adding!

DPena4
Miembro

Five years? What on earth!