Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

HubSpot updates
changed to: Not Currently Planned
Sep 10, 2020

Hi all, 

My name is Tom I'm on the forms team within HubSpot. 

At the moment we don't have plans to allow the deletion of form submissions as this would negatively effect reporting and analytics within the forms tool. 

Allowing test submissions is something we've been discussing and we may address submission deletion or test submissions within the future, but for the moment we do not have plans to introduce this functionality within the near future. 

changed to: Being Reviewed
Jun 3, 2020

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post. Your feedback helps us build better products.

I think this a great Idea! I'm happy to say we are currently reviewing this request and its feasibility. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but all updates will be relayed on this thread.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe

Nov 1, 2018

We don't currently have anything planned to allow "fake" or test submissions on our forms. For analytics reasons we don't currently have anything planned to allow the removal of form submissions or views on any forms. 

This is something we may revisit within the future. But for the moment we don't currently have any testing outside of whats available within our preview panel within the forms editor on our roadmap. 

changed to: Not Currently Planned
Nov 1, 2018

171 Replies
New Contributor

We have a way to prevent your own test-form submissions from interferring with the accuracy of your analytics:

You can exclude your own IP address from analytics. In this way your test-form submission should be excluded from the form submission data. The test form submission itself will show, but it won't count for the metrics. In this way your data will be more accurate.

In this Knowledge Base article you can find how to exclude traffic from IP addresses: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/exclude-traffic-from-your-site-analytics

New Contributor

Excluding IP addresses doesn't really work, because lots of my team work remotely and their IP address changes!   

Regular Contributor

Seriously, IP blocking didn't even work that well before COVID, and it's utterly pointless now. 

Regular Contributor

IP blocking isn't an option for us - we have very high-security protocols that rotate our IP addresses and lots of remote workers. 

Occasional Contributor

IP blocking also doesn't solve the spam problem at all.

New Contributor

100% need this functionality. It is imperative we test forms and cannot report accurately without additional manual workarounds to remove our test records. It looks like this has been changed to 'not currently planned' is this correct? 

Yes, please please please, add this feature ASAP! We absolutely need a feature like this.

Advisor | Gold Partner

@Tom Having test form submissions to ensure the process flow is set up correctly negatively effects reporting and analytics as well. Please come up with a process to complete test form submissions.

At the moment we don't have plans to allow the deletion of form submissions as this would negatively effect reporting and analytics within the forms tool. 

Allowing test submissions is something we've been discussing and we may address submission deletion or test submissions within the future, but for the moment we do not have plans to introduce this functionality within the near future. 

Visitor

I agree this is must-have for true analytics.

@Tom  Leave it to us data managers to ensure our own quality of data. This limitation skews our actual data which drives workflows and actions from lists. 

New Contributor

We are experiencing issues redirecting a form completion to a new page so a HubSpot support member ran a test (thanks!). I am now unable to remove this test from our form submissions so it's going to impact our reporting. I tried to delete the record and was able to delete the contact, but now the submission record says, 'No contact record' which is confusing for anyone else in the company who wishes to review submissions. Kind Product Team, this is hindering analytics, rather than protecting them in this instance. 🙂

New Contributor

+1 for me for this.