HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

HubSpot Updates
October 17, 2023 01:42 PM

Hi Everyone, 

We are actively building this feature. I will keep this thread updated as we get close to releasing the feature. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Product Lead

May 17, 2023 05:25 AM

Hi Everyone, 

I am the PM for the Form Submissions product area. I am excited to inform that we have started to work on this request. I will keep this thread updated once we have delivered this feature. Thank you all for your patience. 

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Being Reviewed
June 15, 2022 06:29 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently exploring the possible ways to solve this problem.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so please stay tuned!

Sabari Ram

Product Manager

December 16, 2021 01:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am the Product Manager for the Forms product.

I would like to inform you that we are actively looking into this need and I will keep this thread updated once we move forward on this.

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager, Forms

Not Currently Planned
September 10, 2020 06:14 AM

Hi all, 

My name is Tom I'm on the forms team within HubSpot. 

At the moment we don't have plans to allow the deletion of form submissions as this would negatively effect reporting and analytics within the forms tool. 

Allowing test submissions is something we've been discussing and we may address submission deletion or test submissions within the future, but for the moment we do not have plans to introduce this functionality within the near future. 

November 01, 2018 06:25 AM

We don't currently have anything planned to allow "fake" or test submissions on our forms. For analytics reasons we don't currently have anything planned to allow the removal of form submissions or views on any forms. 

This is something we may revisit within the future. But for the moment we don't currently have any testing outside of whats available within our preview panel within the forms editor on our roadmap. 

Re: Delete form submissions - changed to: Not Currently Planned
November 01, 2018 06:10 AM

395 Replies
Simon_Y

We really need this feature as we cannot perform the full suite automated tests on our forms that we require to make sure any deployed code doesn't break the site. We also wont be able to remove any malicious form submisssions.

I am surprised this feature isn't available either via the dashboard or API and shocked that it is not currently planned for the future.

JAbella
Contributor

👆🏽👆🏻👆🏿 What every other poster said about being able to delete form submissions. We need to be able to test a form and remove those submissions.  At the very least it would be nice to know why this isn't possible right now because seems like a pretty basic permission-based CRUD action.

robert1
Contributor

+1.

robert1
Contributor

+1. Would like to simply delete form submissions as outlined here.

dcuster

This continues to be an issue we face as well. I'm really hoping this is dealt with by HubSpot in 2019.

Ben_ikon

+ 1 

Why is this not apart of your planned updates, honestly seems like a pretty basic bit functionality.

Ideometry

+1

Symphony1

The fact that this isn't a current feature is a big drawback for us currently. Is there any timeline on when this may be worked on?

dcbullard104
Participant

Agreed, we need to be able to delete form submissions.  We utilize HubSpot to invite people to classes.  We test all of our forms, so there are those fake submissions.  We have people sign up for one class, decide they want to attend another class instead or they are signing up multiple times by using several different email addresses - but they are still just one person attending one class.  It would be EXTREMELY helpful if we could delete form submissions.  

Ameur

yes pleaseee

jenni_vere
Participant | Platinum Partner

This would be a great feature! 

TWR_Alves
Participant

Why is this not a thing yet in 2019?

schlobstr

Please add this feature!!! +100 upvotes!!!

sagetree
Member | Partner

Yes, this would be a nice addition.  I'm a little surprised is not already a feature.

Aliona

It's an essential feature and should be added. Please.

ranjith19

Hubspot, please we need this!

DebraBEBeyond

This feature is definitely needed - I have a lot of test submissions in our account from when it was being set up and synced with our external CMS. 

amyleopold
Participant

Please, please, please add. Not only do we need to delete test data, we have people fill out forms and get cookied to the wrong contact ALL the time. I need to adjust those form fills as well.

redmonds
Participant

Wondering how many more people need to request this feature before it gets added? Do we need another 50? 

*Patiently waiting for our metrics to actually mean something.*

robcode

I am astounded this has been going on for 2 years with no response.  This feels absolutely basic as a feature.  Very disappointing that I cannot delete test submissions.