HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: In Beta
March 20, 2024 12:41 AM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote, and comment on this Idea.

My name is Sabari Ram, and I’m the Product Manager responsible for this feature. 

I'm happy to announce that this feature is now In Private Beta.

You should be able to request access to the private beta from under "Product updates" in your  HubSpot portal.

I will keep this thread updated when we make this feature generally available to all. 

Regards,

Sabari

October 17, 2023 01:42 PM

Hi Everyone, 

We are actively building this feature. I will keep this thread updated as we get close to releasing the feature. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Product Lead

May 17, 2023 05:25 AM

Hi Everyone, 

I am the PM for the Form Submissions product area. I am excited to inform that we have started to work on this request. I will keep this thread updated once we have delivered this feature. Thank you all for your patience. 

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
June 15, 2022 06:29 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently exploring the possible ways to solve this problem.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so please stay tuned!

Sabari Ram

Product Manager

December 16, 2021 01:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am the Product Manager for the Forms product.

I would like to inform you that we are actively looking into this need and I will keep this thread updated once we move forward on this.

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager, Forms

Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
September 10, 2020 06:14 AM

Hi all, 

My name is Tom I'm on the forms team within HubSpot. 

At the moment we don't have plans to allow the deletion of form submissions as this would negatively effect reporting and analytics within the forms tool. 

Allowing test submissions is something we've been discussing and we may address submission deletion or test submissions within the future, but for the moment we do not have plans to introduce this functionality within the near future. 

401 Comentários
fannykuhn
Participante

There are over 700 upvotes now so hopefully they will make it possibel soon! Would be so helpful... 

RKHOLEEGAN
Membro

I want to the same !

FMonti
Membro

This should be a basic feature for users to choose whether to delete duplicate submissions or not, and be our own judge as to whether this negatively impacts our reporting.

We stress test all our forms and therefore have a number of dud submissions, some creating 'unique contacts' which skews reporting. A HS 'solution' engineer suggested I create a form, test it as I wish and then clone it before setting it live for customers and deleting the original one to avoid dummy submissions. This is inefficient and not a solution.

How many upvotes does it take for you to listen to a basic request from your paying customers?!

CLe2
Membro

It would be really helpful if deleting form submissions was an option. I'm surprise that it isn't available yet and testing form submissions is critical - but having them show in the form analytics isn't great! Please please reconsider making this feature available.  

vanessahunt
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Goodness, this request has been around for a long time, so I'm really hoping some new functionality is on its way this year, @SabariRam 🤩

Here are some key capabilities we need from Forms, in order to keep our clients' reports and analytics accurate:

1. Need to be able to 'hide' spam submissions from Reports and categorise them accordingly e.g. Report Spam, Unsolicited enquiries. Currently I delete these types of incoming submissions, but there's no way to see how many there are and you can't easily exlude them from Form submission counts.
  2. Need to be able to 'merge' submissions for data cleanliness. For example, a client may start with a "non-HubSpot" form at the outset of their implementation, but then replace it with a HubSpot Form later. We should be able to merge those subsmissions into a unique version of the Form.
  3. Need to be able to 'flag' whether a submission has been 'dealt with'. We don't usually want to create Tasks for a new Lead, otherwise you receive the Lead notification AND a Task. It would be simpler to be able to simply flag that the Lead has been followed up quickly (since you'll have the corresponding outreach - call or email - track in any case on the Contact record in HubSpot. But we just need a way of closing it down and indicating to others that it's been addressed in the Form Analytics area.

I'm sure there are other needs, but these would be my top 3 for my clients in 2023 please! Happy to speak to a Product Owner about any of these requirements in detail and why they would be valuable.

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻

swatson902
Membro

please we need this feature to remove test records

RenéP
Participante

Please take this long awaited request in consideration.

KBarackman
Membro

Google Forms allows deletions and I'm not paying for their services...

RoseG
Membro

I can't believe Hubspot hasn't addressed this yet. Without allowing us to remove submissions on forms, the information being reported isn't accurate. We delete people who use our contact us form to sell us stuff, that aren't legitimate leads, but the reports still count them, skewing results. 

CarolineG
Participante

I'd like to +1 this as a needed feature. We have an automated script that submits forms to HubSpot as a test daily but there's no way to delete them from the reporting! 

MSommer00
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

We use forms for internal issues and need to be able to delete old submissions since some employees reached the limit of 1000 submissions per contact.

MSmall5
Membro

YES. We need this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StefanieKerr
Membro

Any news from the HubSpot team on this?

MW96
Participante

Please just add this - a simple filter would be sufficient. The issue has been reported in 2017 (!) and has a crazy number of upvotes. Why it's not there yet?

bgutnik
Participante

Awesome idea - needs to happen. We always test forms for functionality - but don't want it to be part of our data when reporting on results.

GLeon
Participante

It seems so strange that a submission can't be removed. It totally messes up campaign reporting if someone tests a form.

RBMG
Membro

I think I can speak on behalf of everyone who has been following this idea...

Can someone from Hubspot please provide an update on the status of the review or at least the reasoning behind the delay on this much needed update?

Thanks!

Eggie
Participante

Please add this feature ASAP! Testing a form has become a nightmare.

DBrasell
Membro

Please get this done ASAP!!!  We need to DELETE submissions that are made on forms completely... This is basic.  Google forms make this VERY easy.  Astonished this is topic is so many years old.  I will not even consider paying for hubpsot because of this lack of feature.  

MWood6
Membro

Took too long to get this fixed. Moving my team to Salesforce next quarter for a long list of reasons -- this SIMPLE feature is reason #7.. 😂 Get your stuff together if you want to retain customers.