HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

400 Replies
VBLANCHET

Tout à fait d'accord ! je viens de rencontrer le même problème... je m'inquiète d'ailleurs que la solution  n'existe pas après plus d'un an de signalement 

JBrown43

Agreed! I'm honestly shocked there isn't a way to do this. I had planning on using HubSpot to track our event registration and management but don't think I can if there's not a way to update the status on someone's registration form they submitt. I'm really disappointed this isn't a feature. Our previous platform, which was terrible even had a way to do this.

SSpangler8

We definitely need this! Sometimes people submit forms twice by mistake, and it throw off our analytics. Being able to delete form submissions without having to delete an entire contact record is crucial. Looking forward to seeing this implemented.

Carol
Member | Diamond Partner

Folks, it's not just a matter of deleting incorrect or tested submissions. It is also about important GDPR conventions, where some submissions have to be deleted after a certain time (e.g. personal files). The fact that the issue has now been downgraded proves that you don't see the urgency, which is extremely disappointing. Our customer is probably forced to move the forms to other solutions, which is probably not your intention. What a pity!

RBMG

I've been following this issue for awhile now and am very disappointed this hasn't been approved yet. It's a nobrainer. What is the reason why hubspot set it up the way they did in the first place? Our data is skewed which defeats the purpose of using the forms, especially if the data is being presented / published publicly.

Looking forward to hearing from hubspot.

SFernández6

Any news on this feature? it will help a lot! Thank you.

josephhur

I see a comment from Sabari Ram on June 15, 2022, that Hubspot is exploring this feature request. Are there any new updates to this, as 6 months have passed? 

RAddison
Participant

We really need this too - we work with hundreds of contractors who submit on the wrong forms, and I always test forms on more than one occassion. It means I can't really use my automated data for these forms and "at a glance" numbers like the conversion rate is completely wrong. Hope this gets solved soon!

EGetson

I see there's an update from June 2022 stating they're considering it, but is there an update on this?

I find it more than disappointing that a request to have simple testing functionality has still not been addressed (almost 5 years after the original post!!?).

The integrity of data is vital, and lacking the ability to amend incorrect or duplicate form submissions, or test form workflows and automations, is nothing short of ridiculous, and undermines the value of hubspot's analytics.

RWard2
100% agree. This is a simple functionality that Marketo and various
competitors offer.
aottho
Participant

I can't believe this still isn't fixed. I've been subscribed to this thread for years. Momentarily had hope in June, but now I just think this company does not care enough about its customers to fix such an obvious problem like this.

HPaulMetcalf
Participant

I wonder if the time it's taking is related to the contact re-conversion or contact adding that happens with forms. I wonder if you could "close" a form and "convert/add all forms" as another step... that would allow you to delete submissions from "close" to "convert/add"... You could also offer this as an option instead of the standard if folx wanted forms to feed in automatically. I agree that this NEEDS to be fixed. I will have to move applications, registrations, and other functions away from HubSpot. The less things I can use HubSpot for, the more I think about other CRM providers while our company is still in start up phases.

cecionyi

Everyone tests their form, besides, we can identify for ourselves which data shouldn't be in the analytics, whether it is a duplication, a mistake or a test, we should be able to delete them to achieve an accurate anlytical performance.

KHastings
HubSpot Employee

This feature would be super helpful! 

ChrisDraeger888
Participant

Yes, please, I have a form where i had 14 tests and it's really messing up our analytics

MWood6

How is this still not available? Is there a timeline for when it will be agreed upon internally (going off the June update) and when it does get approved - when will it be implemented?

This simple feature shouldn't take 6 YEARS to create.. I wonder how many people asking for this since 2017 have switched over to Salesforce 🤔

AMiriani

Yes, this is so needed! The forms metrics aren't very helpful for us because we do so much testing and QA on our site that they are heavily skewed. We have to pull everything out manually and redo the metrics outselves. Seems it could be done by one of two ways:

- a check box of what form submissions to remove after they have been submitted

- adding "exclude from metrics" into the form where you can enter domain names. That way you could add your own company domain/s to exclude from metrics. You could still test but it wouldn't affect your metrics.

Yurik

Besides, if I would like to delete my own submissions, which are result of the form testing, it will also help. Otherwise I will have to clone the form and change already designed landings and web-pages.

klloyd__1
Participant | Gold Partner

Adding another use case and reason for why this is so critical.

We have had a few Contacts reach the 1000 associated form submissions limit and will continue to have more.  Those Contacts no longer receive updates in HubSpot when they submit the form info.  We can't delete the Contacts because all of the activity histories are critical for understanding that Contact's history and for use in reporting.

Even if we could remove the association via API and keep the record of the form submission in HbuSpot's database, that would be helpful.

Thank you

DSchnorrenber

Dropping a note to reinforce the importance of this update. Looking forward to the news - thank you.