HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

400 Comentarios
fannykuhn
Participante

Need this for correct reporting!
FYI there is another post about this here, so if everyone upvotes this one too maybe we can get soem additional traction 🙂 https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Deleting-submissions-from-the-forms/idc-p/622345#M110... 

jaymewelch
Participante

There is a thread from 2017 with over 200 replies asking for form deletions too. Please feel free to upvote it there as well so they can continue seeing the need for this. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Delete-form-submissions/idc-p/622486#M110701 

HistoryTrust
Miembro

Please make it possible to delete submissions or add "test" submissions. Currently there is no way to see if the form functions propertly without skewing analytical data with fake submissions by our team. High priority. 

HistoryTrust
Miembro

This is important for our team. We need to test the form with "fake" submissions that now skew the data. 

RBMG
Miembro

Agreed. If there is a way to remove individual form submissions, this would allow us to further define the data since some submissions might be irrelevant or a mistake, thus skewing the data when analyzing.

KOyama
Miembro

Like many have stated, this would not just be useful for deleting test submissions. We would like to be able to delete "junk" submissions and false leads. This would be very critical for our reporting. We use many other methods to filter this out but they are all very manual and stack in tedium and to keep track of things. 

JBigbee
Participante

@SabariRam Please provide an update on where we are at with this request. This is infuriating that Hubspot does not have the BASIC BASIC ability to delete form submissions. We get so many spam and junk form submissions that throw off our metrics and reporting. Not only that, but the inability to delete test submissions is absolutely ridiculous. For a software that we pay tens of thousands of dollars a year to use, that is a leader in the industry, you would think that they would have a VERY SIMPLE feature like deleting form submissions. I would like to reiterate something others have mentioned, that the inability to delete form submissions is a violation of the GDPR laws. How has Hubspot not done this yet? Look at how many people you have upset, Hubspot. Please fix this ASAP. I can't believe this. 

EPhillips
Miembro | Partner

This ability is crucial for one of our clients, because site users have potentially been entering private health info into forms. While I can clear the field data from the contact records, the actual data is still visible in the contact record history. I can prevent this from happening going forward, but how do I clean out what's potentially already there?

JBigbee
Participante

Pinging @SabariRam again to request an update on this.

AGunkel
Miembro

This is absolutely needed! Parents frequently submit the form multiple times and I need a way to delete the multiple submissions! This skews our numbers and makes the tracking and numbers feature useless unless there's a way to delete multiple submissions!

JBigbee
Participante

Requesting an update again from @SabariRam 

wheelhouseit
Miembro

5 years now I still can't delete a form submission. Fake submissions throw off my data much more than being able to eliminate them, I just don't see the reasoning here. It's our data, let us delete it if we want to.

Is the real problem here that allowing us to delete form submissions is going to break something else you don't want to fix?

JBigbee
Participante

@wheelhouseit I encourage you and everyone else here to tag relevant Hubspot staff members and ask for an update. @SabariRam I've asked for a update multiple times, can you please provide us with one? 

MJunqueira
Participante

This is wild. Spam or test form submissions skew our data. Without being able to delete them in Hubspot, it forces our team to spend a ton of time and manual adjustments. This also makes it nearly impossible to tell our leadership team and shareholders the actual form submissions and whether or not Hubspot is worth keeping. That is the bizarre thing, we are actually making a decision about whether or not to keep using Hubspot based on our experience. Their lack of interest in a huge group of users explaining the need and requesting a better experience is mind boggling, especially because we all pay a lot to use Hubspot.

In addition, GDPR requires deletion of data if requested. How is this in compliance?

JBigbee
Participante

+1 to everything @MJunqueira said. @SabariRam please provide an update on the status of this.

MJunqueira
Participante

Hi all, if you have commented here and need this feaure, consider going to leave a comment on this other thread about this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Delete-form-submissions/idi-p/27868/page/13#comments

@SabariRama huge part of your hubspot community is asking for this feature and your lack of responsiveness is concerning. Can you please help?

Spam or test form submissions skew our data. Without being able to delete them in Hubspot, it forces our team to spend a ton of time and manual adjustments. This also makes it nearly impossible to tell our leadership team and shareholders the actual form submissions and whether or not Hubspot is worth keeping. That is the bizarre thing, we are actually making a decision about whether or not to keep using Hubspot based on our experience. Their lack of interest in a huge group of users explaining the need and requesting a better experience is mind boggling, especially because we all pay a lot to use Hubspot.

In addition, GDPR requires deletion of data if requested. How is this in compliance?

AGunkel
Miembro

@SabariRam  It's been 6 months, please circle back and give us an update. Also, just an fyi, this seems to be a hubspot thing, you can't even delete a comment in a community post...

CClay
Miembro

Yes, completely agree with the comments so far and have requested this before. Our data is pretty unreliable because we have a.) test submissions and b.) submissions from non-valuable segments i.e. students when we sell to academics/teachers. 

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
SabariRam
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently exploring the possible ways to solve this problem.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so please stay tuned!

Sabari Ram

Product Manager

KOyama
Miembro

Thank you for updating this! 

We have been getting more and more spam/fake submissions on forms that are very critical to our processes. And that's only one reason we need this feature. There are so many different reasons and scenarios that could be solved with the ability to delete submissions without having to delete an entire contact record.