HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

400 Replies
Misu

Hey @Tom,

What do you mean by "this would negatively effect reporting and analytics within the forms tool"? The fact that we cannot remove test submissions is exactly what has the negative effect on reporting and analytics.

Also: "We don't currently have anything planned to allow "fake" or test submissions on our forms." - Then how are we supposed to check if our forms work as we expect them? I really don't understand these "explanations".

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

Cheers,

Misu

dcbullard104
Participant

Why is this still an issue and why isn't HubSpot listening to the voice of the customer?  I posted this suggestion over 2 years ago, 219 other people have voiced their frustrations with the inability to delete 'test' form submissions too and 443 upvotes.  Creating these tests are vital to ensuring that forms are being routed correctly.  This directly effects all of our efforts to report directly out of HubSpot without manual intervention in deleting these out somewhere else (which for me is an exel file and importing that file into a BI platform) creating extra work.  HubSpot's lame excuses on why this can't be done isn't cutting it for me.  

CB44

Not sure if this has been mentioned (there are a lot of comments on this topic!) but this also ties strongly into how we have to track referrals.  Because HubSpot does not have a good system for referral tracking (a separate frustration of ours), we enter our referral information through forms. 

Sometimes there is human error and a typo will occur, or an incorrect option will be selected when completing the referral form.  The inability to internally edit or delete a form submission means that the results will forever be incorrect on our reporting which is very problematic since those reports are needed for KPI assessment at our company.

We really do need the ability to at least delete form submissions, please!

MvanRemmen

Yes, please add this feature!

JHooker7

Desperately need this. For smaller clients starting out it massively skews the reporting.

FCorbaci
Contributor

Yes we need to have this if we want to use HS  as main source for basic measurement metrics, if we dont have it, we have to go back to spreadsheets for every basic metric measurement

Azouzimedali

I don't know how this hasn't been implemented yet

aottho
Participant

@SabariRam Do you have an update on this? It's been a bit since december.

ACarriere
I know! It’s ridiculous!
LMirabeau
Participant

This is my exact need. Do we know any time period for this?

Aleive

This issue really messes up the reporting for our business as well, as of now I need to manually log these KPIs before sharing with the board or collegues. E.g. if the team would like to see data on an eBook download, I need to update an excel sheet based on latest downloads before sharing instead of just taking a screenshot in HS. 

SheilaHansen
Participant

We really need this feature. In other marketing automation platforms I've worked with, this can be done easily. It makes for more accurate reporting, and also cleans up the form submission export list.

tomwatney

This is not a gap around data protection laws? 

Say you use a form to collect personal information. Individuals have the right to have their personal details deleted ("right to be forgotten"), especially for data subjects in the EU.

There needs to be a way to delete or anonymise personal data collected via a form. 

victoriadubinsk

This feature is needed! Sometimes we use our real accounts to test forms and workflows which messes with reporting information  -- we shouldn't have to delete the entire record, just the form submissions. 

ElizabethN

This is a problem for me and my team as well. We do a events and before to open the form officaliy we do a test registrations. 

Now they are together with the real ones and it's not good at all because I don't have the correct information how many registrations we have 

Linn1

We urgently need that, too. That would make reporting much easier and create a better overview.

Christina3

I'd love this feature as well! We always test our forms and thend delete the contact, but it still shows up in the form submission data.

Irmelin
Participant

I want to call attention to another problem created by this: The inability to delete form submissions also means it's not possible to delete campaign members from SFDC campaigns that are connected to the forms, because the deleted members sync right back in.

PvandenHurk

Yes, agree. It's definitely a basic feature. 

fannykuhn
Participant

I really really need this too to get correct reporting - great idea.