HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

400 Comentários
DeanFrazier
Colaborador(a)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

We want answers!

marketingdude
Membro

DeanFrazier coming through with the hot and ready memes 🙌

mburtscher
Membro

Yes, this would be so helpful! Also sometimes people fill out the same form twice. 

BHameleers
Membro

This would be very helpful. We test all of our forms. These shouldn't impact our metrics.

TMorgan1
Membro

Suggestion might be you can archive test submission which would exclude them from analytics but maintain security and privacy compliance.  We tried to mitigate by filtering internal users IP addresses but this does not always work depending on where users are, especially as more users are working at multiple locations with COVID.

• Add ability to archive a submission
  • Exclude archived submissions from anayltics
  • Exclude from submission view
  • Add archieved submission view where applicable
FJohnson4
Membro

Hi, is there an update on this feature? I don't see the option to delete test responses to a form. Thanks

BetsyW
Participante

Great idea!

CClay
Membro

This would really help our reporting - we do occasional test submissions but also got a lot of non lead-generation submissions mistakenly using the wrong form. Really hope HubSpot permit this in future it will help analytics a lot!

BNewcomb
Membro

This is a high need.

JLett6
Membro

It may not work in all cases, but if it is a new form you can create a form as you need it. Test it. Clone it and then delete the original. Then relink the new form.

ACarriere
Membro
That’s a lot of extra work each time I create a form, for something that should have been done properly in the first place.

wheelhouseit
Membro

HubSpot should know, we are in the process of moving away from the platform because this feature is not available. Not waiting any longer.

EGifford
Membro

Please add this feature. We are using Hubspot forms for our industry standard reporting, and we need to be able to delete submissions created by our team.

JackieHolen
Membro

Agree. One suggestion that Hubspot support makes is to test a form, then clone it and the page and rename it so the test data is not part of the form. That doesn't always work - and can defeat the purpose of testing.

Hubspot product managers, please see survey tools like Alchmer (formerly SurveyGizmo) for approaches to testing.

We need more control over our data and what data shows up in analytics. Thanks! 

Morgane_L
Membro

PLEASE 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

MMeredith
Membro

So very much needed - please allow this ability

SabariRam
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi Everyone,

I am the Product Manager for the Forms product.

I would like to inform you that we are actively looking into this need and I will keep this thread updated once we move forward on this.

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager, Forms

JNorko
Membro

I agree, we are running into the same problem.  I was just on chat with someone from HubSpot and was told there's a practice mode for the highest level, but we are barely even scratching the surface of the level we are on and need to train our staff much more rigorously before thinking about investing in a more robust platform.  

Having a practice mode would alleviate this need to be able to delete items once submitted and give us a safe place (meaning no clients will be sent incorrect emails) while our staff trains.  

JackieHolen
Membro

Suggestion that we have found helpful to address the issue of no "practice" or "test" mode: Create a list of contact that have made submissions (inder Contacts > Lists). You can edit the columns to show contact names, associated companies, and responses if those responses are set customer properties (maybe there are other ways to do this too). Then use the List filter capability to remove any of your testers. For us that included removing anyone from our company (easy to remove via filter based on email domain) as well as a few others (such as me using my gmail account to test). 

xanbo
Participante

I would also like the ability to remove the results of my personal testing from showing up in my metrics and reports.