HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

400件のコメント
MonsieurNebo
参加者

I cannot imagine a tool as powerful as HubSpot doesn't provide this feature.

The only way to do it right now is to clone the form, but when your managing a big campaign where the form is already used in many landing pages... That's a pain.

Please reconsider this.

aottho
参加者

I think the most disappointing thing is this issue has a status of "not currently planned"

At least give us some hope that this product will provide useful reporting statistics eventually.

mengsel
メンバー

This total disregard for the needs of customers and their developers alike is exactly why I only begrudgingly implement HubSpot for customers that insist on it, but generally advise them not to use it. Unbelieveable, this. 3 years of endless contributions and upvotes, yet nothing from the HS team.

HSUserTX
メンバー

This is a critical need and Hubspot should be embarassed that it sells a reporting tool that doesn't allow users to report on real data to drive business decisions. Unacceptable. 

メンバー

Just adding to this thread. It is very frustrating not to be able to delete the TEST submission. It is screwing all my numbers!

genie_2009
メンバー

I agree - this woule be a really useful addition! Post covid, we are reinstating some of our events and want to be able to reset the forms back to zero and ask people to re-register for the event. There are also instances where a test email address has been used or where we know someone has left a company so would like to delete submissions from a form. 

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
JoeMayall
元HubSpot社員

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post. Your feedback helps us build better products.

I think this a great Idea! I'm happy to say we are currently reviewing this request and its feasibility. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but all updates will be relayed on this thread.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe

MonsieurNebo
参加者

Glad you changed your mind! Looking forward to see your progressions on that.

wheelhouseit
メンバー

I'm also very happy to see this is getting some traction. and look forward to the progress!

Irmelin
参加者

The ability to delete individual form submissions would definitely provide value for us. Our sales-qualifying HubSpot forms are linked with Salesforce campaigns. We harvest data from those campaigns to make decisions and distribute resources. Right now, we can't remove errant entries in those campaigns, because as long as the form submission remains in HubSpot, it will sync back in. Thank you for considering this feature.

AndreaR
メンバー

I agree there needs to be a way to remove test submissions or test contacts.  Reporting can become very skewed from these.  New conversions, form submissions, CTA activity, etc.

cj13579
メンバー

As a new Hubspot user I had assumed that I was doing something stupid when I couldn't delete test submissions on my form. Googling for how to do it and this is the top result. How this hasn't been implemented is mad.

I appreciate that this has already been said a lot but - This absolutely must be in the product.

jjanek
投稿者

I agree with everyone here. This is extremely frustrating and means I have to export data and manually adjust it, which goes against one of the reasons my company switched to HubSpot in the first place.

Sumire
HubSpot Employee

I am posting this comment on behalf of a customer.

ーーーーー

I'd really like this feature to be implemented. If the test views and submissions are calculated, we are not able to track the accurate data of the conversion rate.

ーーーーー

AlainMac
メンバー

To whomver it may concern at HubSpot.

I reckon this needs to get sorted as there are far to many people requesting this!

Obviously you would be testing out forms and some clients could accidently send multiple requests.

We need a feature to delete these records!

jaymewelch
参加者

Adding my vote here as well.  It's a standard practice to test forms, tweak messaging, and test again. It is imperative to be able to clear out test data after this process. 

We published our forms not realizing it was not possible to clear out the test messages and now I can't clone it without also losing real customers data. 

Jayme

morganmcgee
投稿者

We're also looking for an easy way to discount internal form submissions from metrics. Hope this functionality is added soon. Thanks!

bendonahower
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
bendonahower
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

I've got answers!

It used to be +skipfom@hubspot.com  in the email field would ignore the form submission. That no longer works but if you prepend with other letters, random+skipform@hubspot,  whatever+skipform@hubspot.com, your name+skipform@hubspot.com, anything like not register the conversion.

If you're form doesn't have an email field, you're out of luck.

I updated instructions on my blog about this topic https://www.noboundsdigital.com/blog/how-to-test-forms-in-hubspot

cc: @Tom  @JoeMayall  @wheelhouseit 

TracyWarner05
メンバー

3 years later and still a problem! 😞