HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

400 Commentaires
lukecoburn
Participant

@magmar has a great point here.  We need to be able to purge all traces of an individual's information upon their request or after a certain amount of time.  I don't see how HubSpot isn't required to provide this ability in order to do business in Europe.  I know HubSpot is working on it ( https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr ) but this ability within form submissions needs to be added to the list.

magmar
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

@lukecoburn thanks, at least it seems to be on the list, here https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness, so I hope it'll be included on a short term. Even when you fully erase a contact, their submissions are still there. 
So at the moment I refrain from using HubSpot especially in sensible areas like applicant management.

Here's the relavant part of the page:
"Ana has the right to request that you delete all the personal data you have about her. The GDPR requires the permanent removal of Ana’s contact from your database, including email tracking history, call records, form submissions and more.

In many cases, you’ll need to respond to her request within 30 days. The right to deletion is not absolute, and can depend on the context of the request, so it doesn’t always apply.

You will be able to perform a GDPR-compliant permanent delete in your HubSpot portal."

Jeremy_S
Membre

Agreed! This functionality would be incredibly useful. 

nunoautotrip
Contributeur

Please add this feature. We sometimes receive submissions that are not relevant and we would like to delete the respective data.

Olivia_Townsend
Participant

I agree as well! I keep having to do the math to subtract out my 'test' submissions to keep up with how many real submissions we have. Thanks!

Scubydew
Membre

Please lets us delete form submission, this has been requested  for over 2 years now. What is the hold up Hubspot?

IlkkaTuominen
Contributeur

Following this, much needed here too...

lstanik
Membre

any update on the roadmap for this?

GailFS
Membre

Ditto everyone's sentiment, particularly with brand new forms, we test them out a lot from different devices and browsers to see how they look and perform - so it's often the same person with test 1, test 2, test 3 last names and the same email. I'd love to just delete them all!

szhao
Membre

YES! Please add this feature to the Forms Submissions page. Good data in, good data out! We would appreciate the ability to remove "test" submissions.

Muneyhot
Membre

This is a real need. 

Statut mis à jour : Not Currently Planned
Tom
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

RafiPN
Contributeur

Hello @Tom could you give us more details? Are there workarounds in progress like a form testing mode where all form submissions aren't saved to the database? 

Tom

We don't currently have anything planned to allow "fake" or test submissions on our forms. For analytics reasons we don't currently have anything planned to allow the removal of form submissions or views on any forms. 

This is something we may revisit within the future. But for the moment we don't currently have any testing outside of whats available within our preview panel within the forms editor on our roadmap. 

dcuster
Membre

My customer service team is hounding me for this ability to delete a submission. PLEASE HELP!

kristian
Membre

This is not only helpful for deleting test submissions.

We recently had a bot farm submit over 670 form submissions on one of our clients forms. The contacts have been deleted, but the form submissions, including the no doubt dangerous malware/virus hyperlinks that they included with every submission still exist and cannot be deleted.

We really need to be able to delete these form submissions, both for computer safety and so we don't have to manually adjust out numbers by 670.

TatsianaL
Membre

Need this feature. 😞

Would be extremely helpful in terms of accurate stats on form submissions.

GraehamF
Participant

Want.  It is common practice to test a form when setting it up and deploying code thereafter to make sure the form submission didn't break.

This seems like tablestakes for a form that tracks conversion rates.

When will this be implemented?

alpinegizmo
Membre

I'm stunned this isn't available.

RyanCaracciolo
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

I would agree that this needs to come to fruition please. There is a lot of testing that occurs for both inbound and outbound needs and ensuring that other factors are tracking well in analytics, adwords, etc...beyond Hubspot tracking.