HubSpot Ideas

bellawu

Delete contact option in workflows

Include an option in workflows to delete a contact. So if they meet the criteria to be entered into the workflow, it would then delete them from our database entirely. This would be helpful for those who come to our site and fill out forms with information which is a 100% clear sign that we do not want to market / sell to them in any way.

72件のコメント
palves
参加者

Sometimes contacts get into my system that I don't want to keep.  I have criteria that then places them in a list.  What I need to be able to do is run a workflow to keep the list clean - automatically remove the contacts.  How can this be achieved other than the manual bulk delete?

jillworth
投稿者

We get quite a bit of SPAM and contacts from China that we do not want in our database.  If there was a way that a workflow using specific criteria to delete a contact, that would be very helpful.  Thanks for your consideration! 

pedroos
参加者

Great idea.

Need something close to that, since a workflow can be a powerfull tool to manage absent contacts.

Let's say a contact does does not visit a page, or click a email for 30 weeks. I can send them an email to tell them that "we miss them" but we need to know if they are still interested. If they don't click the email to be re-engaged, then the contacts could be deleted.

Doing something close to this, but with a manual action in the middle. Because the workflow never deletes contacts. Only removes them from lists.

Hakan
メンバー

Get a feeling HubSpot don't want us to be able to delete contacts automatically. It can be done through the API https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/delete_contact, but they've not built a list/workflow functionality for it, yet?

geoBaylaender
メンバー

I was looking for a similar solution, without success.

I think is more legal concern.

In Russia you mustn't save data of customers on a database not in Russia, so you can use the Hubspot as form request just to send an email to the Russian partner (or do something else) and permentaly delete the customer.

The workaround I found at the moment is to create a List (i.e.: RUSSIAN CONTACTS), put the customer in this list by workflow and manualy delete every day.

tobiaspasma
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

This would be really helpful (if not crucial) in making european companies GDPR complient. 

RiccardoPisani
トップ投稿者

I am also looking into it. It looks the only way is to add them to alist and than delete the list manually - I hope they will automate this in the future. 

namujg
メンバー

since we don't have any email validation service in place this would be our solution to delete any spam contacts.

mlavigne
参加者

I agree, I have to add my contacts in a static list and use the Hubspot API to clean it everyday. Fortunately I have a technical background and I can automate this task but I find this feature would be very valuable and is needed to maintain our list of contacts clean.

You have my vote!

mkarsten
トップ投稿者

Agree! I was just looking for a way to delete contacts by using a workflow. Our digital marketing is aimed at the US, since we have Int'l reps that do their own campaigns.

ema_negrisan
参加者

We need it, too. We have employee accounts from a third-party platform being created as new contacts in Hubspot via a custom integration. And deleting them manually when we remember to do it is such as drag...

EstebanFuentess
メンバー

Totally in agreement, me much would please Hubspot he was adding the option of " Delete a contact " in the workflows to be able to erase the contacts of my platform that already they do not apply to my services. In this case, I believe that tendre that to do it manually but would be excellent that were adding this option.

robmcbride
メンバー

I could use this as well. Anyone able to automate this? I have my smart-lists made and can do the manual deletion - but would love a workflow for this. 

Assuming based on the dates here that the answer is likely no.

jm
投稿者

with GDPR around the corner this would be useful.

wrwakefi
メンバー

Very interested in the same topic.

Nothing I've seen upto today's date is suitable for auto deletion.

Interested to hear of updates if this situation changes.

Hawk-Steve
トップ投稿者

Exactly what jm said. I want a "still interested?" email to go out after 10 months since last engagement. Then delete if they are not engaging/interested in working with us anymore.

PettJoh
メンバー

I would like this option as well. Especially for GDPR purposes, and specifically the "right to be forgotten". 

I wonder though, if it's likely that we will get this since we are paying per contact 🙂

LP79
参加者

Agreed that this would be handy. We are currently trying to find a workflow that will "purge" unwanted contacts on a perodic basis as an automated process. We have very clear defined qualification for these lists, but the manual element could so easily be done away with.

KathaHub
メンバー

This feature would be very helpful for us as well. In our case, we have a lot of test accounts that are created from our team and that I have to delete manually from a list. If this could be done from a workflow, it would save a lot of time.

SarahN
投稿者

This is a great idea! Plus the ability to have the contact auto-exported would be cool too.