Delete associated deals when contact is deleted (and optionally associated companies)

I would like to be able to be able to delete the deals that are associated with a contact when they are deleted. In addition, I'd like to have the option where we can also delete associated companies if desired when the contact is deleted.

HubSpot updates
5 Replies
dperry
Regular Contributor

This would save quite a bit of time, and help with organization. More often than not I'm left to clean up the mess people leave behind when deleting a contact. If a contact is being deleted, there's typically a good reason for it, therefore, there's probably no longer a need for the deals associated to that contact. I'm all for making this a reality. 

davidrevis
Regular Contributor

You should also have the option when you delete a company to delete all contacts associated with that company.

CherylLK
Occasional Contributor

We should be able to choose to delete any related item when we delete a contact (deal, meeting, phone call, email, etc.) otherwise when we delete a contact we are left with orphaned items that are in the system, but not attached to anybody, essentially useless.

dperry
Regular Contributor

Couldn't agree more. When deleting a contact or company, you should be prompted by a pop up window that gives you the option to delete anything related to the contact or company.

Duncxz
New Contributor

This would save loads of time