HubSpot Ideas

LHinton

Delegated sending: email from another user's connected email inbox

There should be a function for when you want to send one-on-one emails that you can have them be from someone else's account even when you are the one sending them. For example, I logged emails last week for my CEO to approve and once she approved them we realized they could only send from my personal account (or a sales/team one etc.) rather than her personal email. Adding this function would be super helpful! 

16 Replies
rcscn

Hi, this feature is for your Sales Hub tool. It's the ability to choose the appropriate sender name for alias emails when sending 1:1 emails and sequences.

It is for Executive Assistants and Sales Representatives helping their bosses focus on strategy.

The goal is to help them keep everything on track and reply to clients on time using their boss' credentials.

It will help businesses focus more on strategy and assures that the conversation keeps going between clients.

It's already possible in your marketing email tool and Gmail as well.

rcscn_0-1628861709820.png

rcscn_1-1628861784520.png

JVal0

At the moment, we can only send emails using our own account and select another user on Marketing Emails

Can this feature be available in sending emails to individual contacts?

Can we also change the sender name and email (but under our own account used) for quotes?

Example: User account: Jane jane@hubspot.com

I prepare the emails and quotes and I will send them under my user account

But the sender will not reflect my name but other users:

Courtney courtney@hubspot.com

This is for individual emails, on quotes, and email sending quotes

RP_RGC

Agreed. This is also something that Marketing teams need to set things up for Sales. 

PPan5

Like the idea, will be quite useful when you hire outsourced sales team

PPan5
Hi,

How can I use the feature? At this moment, I can still only send email under my own name.

Thank you.

Patti Pan
brendamosey

^^^ AGREED. This would be a gamechanger for us! 

bearwicker

I'm amazed this is not already a thing. As a new HubSpot user, this is the very first thing I need in order to run my business effectively. My personal assistant must be able to send email on my behalf, whether it's 1:1 or marketing, or sales, or anything! We're all in the same organization, can't there be a permission setting on email addresses in sending?

HDamásio
Participant

I've connected another email account in my hubspot account.

I'm able to send emails from there, and the struggle is to import signature + FROM name, from the other connected acccount.

I have to change my name and signature to match that person, to send emails on her behalf, or I get half of the setup with person 2 data, and other half with mine (Hugo).

It would be greaat to have a person 2 signature and From name options, when picking another from address email, in the email sender in Hubspot.

TPhilbrick

Hi, we are looking to have our virtual assistant send sequences on behalf of our sales team. Is there a way for her to do that without logging into different accounts? 

MCarter24
Participant

As per my comment over on HubSpot Community - Start a sequence on behalf of another HS user - Page 9 - HubSpot Community, please add this feature. Any efficient sales team that is large enough to have Sales Administrators or Personal Assistants, *needs* this functionality so that the sales people can focus on being in conversations, not be typing on their keyboards. For example, after a call the sales person can ask their assistant to send the prospect the 'xyx email' (via Templates) and move on to their next call while the assistant makes that comms happen.

ILim
HubSpot Employee

Agreed! Users with PAs would benefit greatly from the introduction of such a feature

Jaytwon

Yes, I require this funcationilty for my PA to respond as myself. 2FA means they are unable to login easily into my account.

BPauley

This should defintely be more than just for sequences.  Sales Assistants should have an access level that allows them to send emails on behalf of their assigned sales colleague.  

Lizabandco
Participant

Absolutely! We need to grant our EA permission to send emails as our Executive Account Manager and CEO. This permission is only allowed in enterprise level accounts. Small to mid size businesses need these as well. 

L_Pickles
Participant

This feature is needed on our side as well, hopefully this will get traction soon 

paulakfrench

This should absoutely be a feature for both 1:1 emails and sequences! This is holding us back from using Hubspot Sales fully.