HubSpot Ideas

andrewdavis_SF

Delay until Date & Time Workflow Action

I'd like a way to delay contacts from throwing through to a certain step of a workflow until a specific date. 

This came about when we have a micro-nurture running to a specific set of our audience. We are launching a flash deal to our contacts that will last from today for another 8 days. In the micro-nurture workflow - we have an email that provides a different offer. We didn't want two competing workflow offers to go out. So we put an 8 day delay in the workflow as a temporary step. It would be great if I could tell all the contacts to delay until a specific date instead. That way when the date has passed, the action becomes disabled or whatever. 
Other option would be pause workflow (but that doesn't help the previous steps)

70 Replies
MilenaMilanova
Participant

Eaxctly this is soooooo needed, specially now with all digital events, webinars, reminders etc, where we plan automations for more than "the next 7 days". Having this Monday, Tuesday feature is ok, but doesn't solve 90% of the needs where a specific date is way more valuable than a day. 

ArturG

Webinars! How can we remind subscribers that they have a webinar coming up if not by delaying till specific date? Thank you for your response, @MeganLegge . Just another reminder that Hubspot doesn't listen to users' feedback.

Salesforce has some feature requests that are over 10 years old with thousands of users requesting them in the thread. Here I was hoping Hubspot can take a page from the Salesforce playbook on how NOT to engage with your users. 

ZackAugstell

Would like to see this too. Very common use case we'd apply this to:

• Contact enrollment trigger- Webinar sign up form submission
  • Send email- Immediate 'you registered' email
  • Set property value- Event name data on the contact record
  • Delay to a specific date or time - (day prior to event)
  • Send email- Reminder email 1 day before event
  • Delay to a specific date or time - (15 minutes prior to event)
  • Send email- Reminder email 15 minutes before event

If it is just a small change on products end, it would be a huge benefit to several webinar-driven marketers.

MManzano4

Terrible idea to choose not to move forward with specific date delay on an automation, especially at a time where Webinars and other online corriculum is built into the marketing funnel.

AAmaya6

Just adding to this: I agree! We're also needing this feature for webinars. 

RTeuch
Participant

This really should be prioritized - anyone hosting webinars who are using Hubspot should be having this problem, which I guess are a lot of people.

Should be a very simple addition which would help loads of users!

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to take the time to show your support for this idea through your votes and comments. While today we offer some functionality for date centered automation, for example with date centered contact workflows, which can run automation around specific calendar dates or the values in contact date properties, we're also currently doing research to explore how we can offer more broad date centered automation options that could work in and across all types of workflows. Please follow along here to stay informed of progress.

Best,

Megan

DavidGeorgeHall

This is an incredibly important feature!

I am new to hubspot. We are moving our company over from Keap (Infusionsoft), and while Hubspot is vastly superior in many ways, it is very frustrating to see something like this isn't available.

Like many companies, we participate in events. As we market the events, people sign up and enter a workflow. Obviously we want to send a few reminders leading up to the event. We set up a workflow to send them a confirmation email as soon as they submit the sign up form, but it would be so easy to set up a delay timer that executes reminder emails in the days leading up to the event... but we would need to be able to say "delay until ___ day at ___ time". 

Come on Hubspot!

DNovakovic

"Customer centricity is the ability of people in an organization to understand customers' situations, perceptions, and expectations". (Source: Gartner)

Obviously, you haven't read this sentence yet. This wish was expressed more than 4 years ago, and if it were not such a central concern, so many people would not have come forward already. To be honest, this is also a reason for me to look around for a new system. So I strongly recommend you to put a focus on this feature.

DTadd1
Participant

I'd like to delay a workflow until a certain day of the month. Since sales teams often work towards monthly quotas, it make sense to have some workflow actions fire on certain days of the month. This feature doesn't seem worth an expensive upgrade to Operations Hub, which I think does allow this.

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

I'm Megan, a product manager for the workflows tool at HubSpot. 

My team is currently working on date based delays for all object type workflows. These delays will allow you to create delays that are relative to a date in a particular date property (eg. deal close date), or a fixed date (eg. 4/1/22 at 9am). Please follow this thread for updates as the feature moves through development.

Thanks!

Megan

mprofile
Contributor

Hi Megan,

I for my part am very curious to find out if this would make or recurring webinar organising more easy every 6 weeks. 🙂

Cheers, and happy Easter, Wouter 

DavidGeorgeHall

Hi @MeganLegge

The way that you describe this feature that you're working on as being relative to a date in a particular date property, sounds interesting, but it doesn't seem to connect with my use case or the use cases that seem to be most commonly requested in this thread. 

What I need is the ability to add a "Delay to __ Date __ Time" so that I can create workflows for event promotions. I don't need that date to be relative to info that is in the contact or any other object property. I want to be able to specify the exact date and time that the next step in the workflow will trigger.

This should be simple. 🙏🏼

EKennel
Participant

@DavidGeorgeHall

If you re-read @MeganLegge last message you will see this is exactly what their team is working on.

"relative to a ...... fixed date (eg. 4/1/22 at 9am)"

Giving the flexibility of a delay centered on an Object's Date Property OR and date independent of objects (i.e. fixed) like an event date. Currently date properties do not have times.

RKers

@MeganLegge  Can you explain why this is not in active development anymore? The request was done more than 2 years ago and reading the responses in this thread suggests that its a much needed feature. Also It's wierd to me why it's apperantly so hard because it is possible to delay with Contact-Based work flows when choosing Specific Date. But this is limited to because i cannot send an automated email when a person  enrolls using a form.

the use case is here:

there is a event on 9 september. 

People enroll by filling out a form on the site

They get a confirmation email.

Then i want to sent a reminder on the 2 of september. - I connot use the delay for x days because not everybody fills out the form on the same day. So peole that enroll later also the counter for the x days starts later.

So again can you explain why this basic workflow option is not availible?

Thx Ronald

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @RKers ,

Thanks for following up and adding details about your use case. I updated this thread to "In planning" on ‎Apr 15, 2022 because we did start developing at that time and are actively working on it now. We're getting close to a beta, and I think your use case will work really well in the new functionality. If you want to participate in the beta please send me your Hub ID in a private message and I will let you know when it's ready.

I will also update this thread with additional status updates.

Thanks!

Megan

KIngdahl
Participant

Would love this functionality! Would it be possible to get access to the beta versione @MeganLegge ?

hhay

We really need this as well!

DanMYD
Contributor | Elite Partner

Is there any update on the status of this feature?

ZatAdam

We are currently sat at 1,671 days since the first reply to this important, critical and some would say obvious suggested function....

If this suggestion was a child in the UK, it would be starting school in September.

Ridiculous!