HubSpot Ideas

Siddall

Define our Fiscal Year / Quarters

We have a lot of very nice "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "Next Quarter" filter functionality in HubSpot CRM....buuuuut, if your Company's Fiscal Year is not the same as the Calendar Year (as many are not), this "Quarter" filter functionality is not valid, and actually becomes misleading (or at best unneeded / unusable clutter in your filters).  You then must go to the "Custom Date Range" filtering functionality to obtain the correct date range.

It would be helpful and less misleading to have a Setting to define the organization's Fiscal Year.  Canned "Quarter" filters would fall inline correctly from there.

Thanks!

Atualizações da HubSpot
May 11, 2023 12:33 PM

Hey all, just want to give another update here.

I know there has been a need to have fiscal year filters avaiable more univerally in Reporting and we just released it on Single Object reports. We are working to make it available in Dashboard filters, but you can now use Fiscal Year based filters in many more places!

Fiscal Filters Single Object.png

Status atualizado para: Delivered
November 04, 2021 03:33 PM

Hi Everyone!

Rolling date ranges is now available on all date-based filters within the custom report builder.

Rolling Date Range CRB.png

When editing a date field during report visualization, you'll also now have an option to change the frequency through the lens of a custom fiscal year. By default, this option is checked off, making you have to opt in if this is how you want your data organized. For those who have not set up a custom fiscal year in their settings, fiscal year will default to January - December.

Fiscal Year Setting CRB.png

It is worth noting that frequency is disabled when an aggregation is in play, so using fiscal year will also be disabled as well.

Fiscal Year - Aggregation Alert - CRB.png

Although it is not yet supported, in the coming weeks, rolling date ranges will also be coming to the "Event timestamp" within the filters section, whenever there is an event being reported on.

Event timestamp - Current View CRB.png

As always, thank you all for your feedback, and we hope these updates make your reporting that much easier and customizable!

Status atualizado para: In Planning
September 07, 2021 10:28 AM

Hi everyone,

For clarification, this feature is available for all products and plans, however, our team is still working on making the feature available in reporting specifically. More information can be found on this product announcement. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/set-your-fiscal-year-in-hubspot

In the mean time, we appericiate your patience as we continue to build this feature out to work best for you. 

Thanks! 

Status atualizado para: In Beta
February 10, 2021 08:20 AM

This feature is now live in Beta

Status atualizado para: In Planning
January 06, 2021 10:20 AM

This feature is currently being worked on. We will update this post to "In Beta" when it is open for customers to start participating. 

170 Comentários
jifchen
Membro
Just to confirm this is only available to “Custom Report”? And not available to standard reports? (because I can’t see it is available in standard reports)
AngelaGuzman
Membro

I just tested this out and it's strange - our fiscal quarter just started this month, so I set the range to last fiscal quarter and I get this? 

AngelaGuzman_0-1636066608114.png

JoeDavies
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Hey @ everyone on this thread!

This feature has now started rolling out across repoting functionality, not all of it, but it has been added to the custom reporting tool for rolling fiscal year based date ranges.

Fingers crossed it's coming soon to the other tools, such as forcasting, which would be a big plus.

You can watch a quick video on it here:
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6859512375402348545/

Really glad this is starting to become available, saves always having to update those date ranges manually 👌 

enniszd
Participante

Maybe I am doing something wrong but it does not solve the This Quarter issue.  

enniszd_0-1641243518451.png

sales
Colaborador(a)

Hubspot has made progress!!! This is great news:

sales_1-1641509038834.png

As noted in the LinkedIn post above.. this is only available in the Custom Report Builder.

enniszd
Participante

True but unfortuanly if you put the custom report in a dashboard and then use the dashboard filter functionality does not work.

enniszd_0-1641509294152.png

So lets say you want to dashboard report on pipeline generation as a whole.  Then in your one on one with the rep you want to filter to just their pipeline generation - this does not work.  The only solution that I can find is to build a dashboard for each rep.

For the record - this works if you have a calendar year fiscal year and if you use the default reports.

sales
Colaborador(a)

Confirmed dashboard filter does not work. 

I'll take this win as an interim hack. I've got dozens (hundred+ ?) of fiscal reports to change dates on EVERY quarter and I'm very very much looking foward to cutting that down to a handful (and hopefully zero).

CPszenny
Membro

Glad to see the functionality in the custom report builder.   We need this as well.  This would be very helpful in the standard reporting and dashboard filers as well. 

HBoyd
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hey all, just want to give another update here.

I know there has been a need to have fiscal year filters avaiable more univerally in Reporting and we just released it on Single Object reports. We are working to make it available in Dashboard filters, but you can now use Fiscal Year based filters in many more places!

Fiscal Filters Single Object.png

-JR-
Membro

I'm glad these have been added, but the functionality is very hit and miss and sometimes gives misleading results. I'm adding a 'This fiscal quarter' filter on a report and when I save the report the filter reverts to 'this quarter'. When the report does filter (before saving), drilling into the detail on the report shows no data. Finally, when using fiscal year filters, the labelling of the quarters are Q1 2023, Q2 2023, Q3 2023, Q4 2023. Because fiscal years span two calendar years these ought to be Q1 2022/23, Q2 2022/23, Q3 2022/23, Q4 2022/23.

In some circumstances, Hubspot is confidently producing a report with fiscal year filters, but using the data from the equivalent calendar year filter. This means the reports are all set up correctly, but showing incorrect numbers.