Define our Fiscal Year / Quarters

We have a lot of very nice "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "Next Quarter" filter functionality in HubSpot CRM....buuuuut, if your Company's Fiscal Year is not the same as the Calendar Year (as many are not), this "Quarter" filter functionality is not valid, and actually becomes misleading (or at best unneeded / unusable clutter in your filters).  You then must go to the "Custom Date Range" filtering functionality to obtain the correct date range.

It would be helpful and less misleading to have a Setting to define the organization's Fiscal Year.  Canned "Quarter" filters would fall inline correctly from there.

Thanks!

HubSpot updates
86 Replies
Visitor

Our organization's fiscal year is from July 1 to June 30, so the calendar function does not provide our Board with relevant information. Looking forward to seeing the fiscal year functionality. Thanks so much!

New Contributor

Agreed with the OP.  It's a glaring ommission that almost always causes a "Should we just switch to Salesforce??" conversation.

I mean this in the nicest way possible... Please add this feature and make my life as a HubSpot Champion less awkward 🙂

Occasional Contributor

We have now implemented the following workaround:

1. create a dropdown menu with your FY quarters in deals

2. create a dropdown menu with your FY in deals

3. create workflows that set the FY quarters and FYs based on the close date of the deal

It takes a bit of work and is not ideal but it allows us to report pipeline and sales against the FY. 

Unfortunately with this method you can't build any reports against your sales targets. I would still prefer to have native functionality but I thought this work around may be a good temporary fix for some of you guys.

Occasional Contributor | Gold Partner

Yes to this feature request. Thank you!

Please make this change...it's painful to have custom date fields.  

Regular Contributor

New customer here, thought something as fundamental as this would have been out of the box. It's been in every other CRM for about 15 years.