HubSpot Ideas

Siddall

Define our Fiscal Year / Quarters

We have a lot of very nice "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "Next Quarter" filter functionality in HubSpot CRM....buuuuut, if your Company's Fiscal Year is not the same as the Calendar Year (as many are not), this "Quarter" filter functionality is not valid, and actually becomes misleading (or at best unneeded / unusable clutter in your filters).  You then must go to the "Custom Date Range" filtering functionality to obtain the correct date range.

It would be helpful and less misleading to have a Setting to define the organization's Fiscal Year.  Canned "Quarter" filters would fall inline correctly from there.

Thanks!

HubSpot Updates
May 11, 2023 12:33 PM

Hey all, just want to give another update here.

I know there has been a need to have fiscal year filters avaiable more univerally in Reporting and we just released it on Single Object reports. We are working to make it available in Dashboard filters, but you can now use Fiscal Year based filters in many more places!

Fiscal Filters Single Object.png

Delivered
November 04, 2021 03:33 PM

Hi Everyone!

Rolling date ranges is now available on all date-based filters within the custom report builder.

Rolling Date Range CRB.png

When editing a date field during report visualization, you'll also now have an option to change the frequency through the lens of a custom fiscal year. By default, this option is checked off, making you have to opt in if this is how you want your data organized. For those who have not set up a custom fiscal year in their settings, fiscal year will default to January - December.

Fiscal Year Setting CRB.png

It is worth noting that frequency is disabled when an aggregation is in play, so using fiscal year will also be disabled as well.

Fiscal Year - Aggregation Alert - CRB.png

Although it is not yet supported, in the coming weeks, rolling date ranges will also be coming to the "Event timestamp" within the filters section, whenever there is an event being reported on.

Event timestamp - Current View CRB.png

As always, thank you all for your feedback, and we hope these updates make your reporting that much easier and customizable!

In Planning
September 07, 2021 10:28 AM

Hi everyone,

For clarification, this feature is available for all products and plans, however, our team is still working on making the feature available in reporting specifically. More information can be found on this product announcement. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/set-your-fiscal-year-in-hubspot

In the mean time, we appericiate your patience as we continue to build this feature out to work best for you. 

Thanks! 

In Beta
February 10, 2021 08:20 AM

This feature is now live in Beta

In Planning
January 06, 2021 10:20 AM

This feature is currently being worked on. We will update this post to "In Beta" when it is open for customers to start participating. 

170 Replies
CDanielson
Contributor

Would love this feature! It's a common option for CRMs.

MpPierce

Agreed! This would be a big improvement. For now, I've created a custom Deal property to capture the fiscal year but is limited. Having the "this year" and "this quarter" functionality would be much better!

eigenworks
Participant

Really need this. Seems so basic.

gevans42

Absolutely needed!

RobAnderson

My last three companies have all had financial years which don't align with the calendar year. This is the first time I've used Hubspot; I've been using Salesforce for over ten years. I've been trying to defend the use of Hubspot here as I think it's better-designed at a basic level, and I think is more intuitive. But this is a glaring omission. Hubspot has a reputation as too marketing-focused and not sales-focused, and this just reinforces that view. It makes the product virtually useless if I have to enter a custom date range for every query.

stevedporter

Agreed; this is an essential feature. When is it happening?

kristen_sb
Contributor

It's hard to believe that this is not standard. The omission of these types of features is what one of may reasons HubSpot continues to be tagged as a company that doesn't effectively deliver a feature set that suits the large-mid and large enterprise (not to suggest smaller companies wouldn't have this need either).  You can innovate faster than the rest, but as long as features like this are missing, larger enterprises will always need the likes of CRM's outside of HubSpot CRM for sales management and reporting. 

StephenDB
Participant

Yes, we absolutely need that!!!!

DigitalMagenta
Member | Diamond Partner

yes absolutley needed!

Liju
Participant

This is an absolute deal-breaker for us. When is this feature coming? What is the alternative in the interim? Our financial year starts on April 1st

CJErin
Participant

This is critical functionality for a CRM. Why wasn't this built-in/standard from the very beginning? 

Sbrennan
Participant

Agree with the above commenters.  I have never worked in a company where the fiscal year aligns with the calendar year.   Yes we can define reporting by date, but why should we have to? 

MattPutt
Contributor

Completely agree with the above. It's throwing up some real issues for us with our reporting.

The quota stops reporting in December (instead of July which I set it to) and gives inaccurate forecasting.

For example, if we had one sales person with a monthly quota of £10,000, the revenue report should show £120,000 annual quota target, which it does if my date filters are set from 1st January to 31st December.

The problem is, our financial year runs from 1st August to 31st July, when I set the date filters to that, the annual quota target drops to £50,000 (because it's only actually reporting on 1st August to December 31st)!

It took a while to troubleshoot it and figure out the problem, if anyone has a solution I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

ztembi

They need this feature ASAP! 

Bas87

we also would like this functionality.

annieseattle
Contributor

We also need this.  It makes so many of the reports difficult to manage, because you have to hard-set dates and update them in multiple reports across the platform every month/quarter, etc.

PJ_McD

While we're awaiting this important feature, has anyone come up with a workaround for quarterly reporting? Our fiscal year runs from November 1 to October 31.

I've done the following, but it still requires manual spreadsheet manipulation to chunk the info into the proper quarters. I'm using reports to forecast revenue for the year and by the quarter, and these are centered on the Deal's Close Date. 

In reports:

Change the reporting period to our fiscal year.

Set the frequency to monthly

Export the report data into a spreadsheet template that is prebuilt, with 2 extra columns that 1) designate the quarter the deal is set to close in, and 2) provide a total $$ for the quarter. 

Anyone have any better suggestions?  

Geo67

Love this idea!  You can't be a sales organization without needing to set goals and monitor performance against goals.   If Hubspot really wants to service the Sales community this is a must as not every company has a calendar year-end for reporting.  Hope this becomes a near future change.

Thanks for sharing. 

George Albert

Sales for Life

PJMcD
Participant

Would be so great if we could define the fiscal year in Account Settings.

Meanwhile, here's another solution/workaround:

1. Created a Deal Property called "Close Quarter" - or something similar - and make it a Dropdown Select.
  2. Add selections, eg., 2019 Q1, 2019 Q2, for the next 2 or so years.
  3. Create a workflow that automatically assigns the Close Quarter based on the Deal Close Date.
  4. Create a Custom Deal Report that draws from this field and set the Date Range for your Fiscal Year.   

t-dub

Agreed - this would be extremley helpful. We are able to define this in SFDC as our fiscal year doesn't even follow standard quarters .... (Feb 1 - Jan 31). It would make reporting a lot easier and require less manipulation when it comes time for QBRs!